And there we all were, in the pub last Saturday.

2 x iPhone users, 4 x Androids and 1 x WP.

Plus me. On my little old Z10. You know, that heap of scrap that, er... actually works very well...

All on the same network.

Guess which one of us got 3 bars on his phone whilst the others got none? And by none I mean - nothing.

To the point where I was bringing up websites through the browser (slowly mind, it was a low 3G signal) whilst my friends were getting nothing?

They got quite aggravated by it.

This isn't 'tools, not toys', it's 'phone that actually does what it's supposed to in the very basics (ie. as a phone, first and foremost) vs those that don't.'

Not much use if you can't make a call...
    10-08-13 05:36 PM
    fwiw my sister gets far far far better signal on the 9790 I lent her than I do on my Z10 at her house.

Both BlackBerry but she has way better time of it. I only get a signal 10% of the time im there, she seems to always have signal
    10-08-13 05:39 PM
    You should know that nowadays nobody expect a phone to be a phone. Another BlackBerry epic fail (sarcasm).

Posted via CB10
    bigglybobblyboo likes this.
    10-08-13 05:47 PM
    Sorry... I was on the phone (Z10)... what was that you said?
    :>)
    10-08-13 06:00 PM
    Sorry... I was on the phone (Z10)... what was that you said?
    :>)
    Top man!
    10-08-13 06:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 06:14 PM
    Out of those 7 others, how many are switching to BlackBerry now?
    bodjor likes this.
    10-08-13 06:38 PM
    Out of those 7 others, how many are switching to BlackBerry now?
    conversely, how many would switch away ion this situation, so they cant be chased by work as much lol
    10-08-13 06:40 PM
    Yup. I get signal where my old iPhone would fail. Same network too.

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-08-13 06:51 PM
    And there we all were, in the pub last Saturday.

2 x iPhone users, 4 x Androids and 1 x WP.

Plus me. On my little old Z10. You know, that heap of scrap that, er... actually works very well...

All on the same network.

Guess which one of us got 3 bars on his phone whilst the others got none? And by none I mean - nothing.

To the point where I was bringing up websites through the browser (slowly mind, it was a low 3G signal) whilst my friends were getting nothing?

They got quite aggravated by it.

This isn't 'tools, not toys', it's 'phone that actually does what it's supposed to in the very basics (ie. as a phone, first and foremost) vs those that don't.'

Not much use if you can't make a call...
    Anecdotal at best.
    10-08-13 07:06 PM
    Anecdotal at best.
    All his posts are. These threads have become my daily dose of comedy.
    10-08-13 07:23 PM
    Anecdotal at best.
    Geez... Have a sense of humour will ya? The story is quite probably based on truth though (IMHO).
    All his posts are. These threads have become my daily dose of comedy.
    I'm glad to hear that you're smiling sir. Quite frankly I'd rather read something positive with humour than some of the pathetic Eeyore inspired negative drivel some people seem bent on spewing.
    10-08-13 08:41 PM
    with Z30 it even gets better, remember they bought that antena company paratak
    John Pawling likes this.
    10-09-13 12:32 AM
    received my Z30 and had a similar scenario with friends.
    10-09-13 02:45 AM
    By signal bar do you mean the 3G connection or the actual phone signal? There is no general standard for the phone signal, so zero bars on a Nokia handset might be exactly the same as 3 bars on a HTC handset. Not sure about the 3G signal, but its probably the same. The only way to compare however (for the 3G signal), is indeed if one gets a connection and working internet as yours did.
    Poirots Progeny and stoneland like this.
    10-09-13 03:44 AM
    I routinely get better reception and more bars on my iphone5 than my q10. My iphone browser is instantaneous while on my BlackBerry I see the never-ending circle.

Posted via CB10
    Terser Nori likes this.
    10-09-13 09:15 AM
    I routinely get better reception and more bars on my iphone5 than my q10. My iphone browser is instantaneous while on my BlackBerry I see the never-ending circle.

Posted via CB10
    Well that sucks.

10-09-13 09:20 AM
    Removed quite a bit from the thread.

That being said, the post above is correct. There is no 'standard' for signal bars. The only thing that counts here is that your phone worked. Number of bars is irrelevant. This also works the other way with other phones. My Z10 routinely gets better AT&T coverage than my S4, but my Q10 gets worse than the S4. All sitting side by side on the same desk. So many factors you could consider, only one is worth considering. Your phone worked when you wanted it to.
    stoneland likes this.
    10-09-13 09:29 AM
    Maybe you are holding it wrong <JOKE>
    10-09-13 09:30 AM
    I'm sure everyone has these thoughts, pro or con, every day.
    Very few feel the need to not add to an existing thread, but actually start a new thread like this to be the OP and mine thanks and likes every day.
    I will never understand some people.
    m1a1mg and TGR1 like this.
    10-09-13 09:37 AM
    You know, just an observation before anyone possibly complains about "positive threads" going south...

There is a way of celebrating how well your phone behaves ("I was in the pub last night with pretty poor reception over all but my BB10 performed like a trooper. It's great that I can depend on it.") without starting off by slagging the other phones, unless that is the intent in the first place. In which case, that's deliberate baiting and zero pity from me on the fate of the thread (reserved only for the mods)
    stoneland and bobauckland like this.
    10-09-13 09:40 AM
    this is what every "review" seems to never test on phones is signal reception
    10-09-13 09:48 AM
    Ironically, how good a phone calls is no longer something people even worry about when buying a smartphone lol

10-09-13 09:58 AM
    Interestingly, most people who've run side by side tests say legacy BlackBerry devices actually catch way better signal strength than bb10 devices.
    Something to think about, looks like BlackBerry doesn't think signal strength is as important as they used to.
    Just like charging contacts, trackpads, removable batteries, bis and all that other stuff legacy users love.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 12:20 PM
    Anecdotal at best.
    Well it would be anecdotal.

It's an anecdote.

It happened on Saturday down the pub.

And very proud of my little Z I was too.

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    10-09-13 12:28 PM
26 12