bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/16740008

"Three quarters of Blackberry users in the UK to switch to other smartphone manufacturers".

I must admit I do get frustrated with RIM myself and just wish they could make the slight tweeks to bring them back in market, look how Nokia seems to have revived themselves. I know there is a new CEO but some quick wins and some good press would not go a miss.

Having recently bought two 32gb Playbooks (which are awesome by the way) all is good with the devices but BB may just need to kiss some to get the developers etc on board as this seems to be their only downfall with the business side of things nailed down.

Yes I know there are good things to come but if these figures of people are the same worldwide with a switch to another manuafacturer for 2 years, will they ever get them back? Where does that leave confidence with developers?

Fingers crossed, the updates for Playbook are hear sooner rather later and they get the rumour mill going on exciting future devices the way Apple seem to be able to, some strategic inside leaks possibly!
    01-27-12 04:18 AM
    2 playbook
    01-27-12 04:27 AM
    I read that this morning. This is the damning sentence in the report;

"Newsbeat's been in touch with hundreds of users and nearly three-quarters say they want to change their handsets."

This is not a statistically relevant survey!! A survey of a few hundred can be statistically significant if it is a balanced survey representative of the total group. There is nothing here to say that this is the case. It is VERY likely to be the reverse.

Rubbish. Blackberry UK ought to make a formal complaint.
    01-27-12 04:44 AM
    already a thread in News and Rumors... http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...switch-692378/
    MODs lock 'er down
    01-27-12 05:22 AM
    What a load of crap, why would BBC, a public funded corporation would even run such a pole?
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 01-27-12 at 05:44 AM.
    01-27-12 05:41 AM
    It's very sad to see how RIM has been taking a beating about their phones. They basicilly took the whole smartphone and push e-mail market to the next level. IMO, they make a great phone, have great security, and a solid platform. Lacking a good selection of apps, but lets face it, look at some of the apps for Android and iOS - I really don't care about having a cigarette lighter app or other useless stuff like that. I want a phone that works for what I'm doing, is reliable and secure. I travel a good deal for work and my Torch (and Tour previously) have been extremely helpful, and I don't know what I would have done in a strange location without it! Blackberry just has to get developers on-board for more practical apps and a competitive OS. Unless RIM goes under (and I'm hoping they don't), I have no reason to switch from a Blackberry. That's just my opinion.
    01-27-12 05:51 AM
    OK they want a new phone. Does that mean they want a new phone that is not a bb?
    01-27-12 06:23 AM
    I read that this morning. This is the damning sentence in the report;

"Newsbeat's been in touch with hundreds of users and nearly three-quarters say they want to change their handsets."

This is not a statistically relevant survey!! A survey of a few hundred can be statistically significant if it is a balanced survey representative of the total group. There is nothing here to say that this is the case. It is VERY likely to be the reverse.

Rubbish. Blackberry UK ought to make a formal complaint.
    Well said. Hundreds of users? Out of millions of users? WTF
    01-27-12 06:27 AM
    there is a new sport in the making. its called rim bash-a-thon.
    01-27-12 06:32 AM
    2 playbook
    One for the family and one for me, obviously!
    01-27-12 08:04 AM
    Soon as my tax return hits next week, I'm getting myself a PB as well. Whoops. I don't live in the UK and don't give a damn anymore about them than I do the US. I am the only person I know with a BlackBerry, and that fact doesn't change my feelings one bit. I wish I could understand why people get so fired up on this kind of garbage. Why give a sh*t? Maybe I just think too small in only placing my primary concern on myself. My attitude towards that kind of press, "joke 'em if they can't take a..." you know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-12 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD