Anyone else try and use this? (moostrax)

I tried it on my and the wife's 8330's with little success this weekend. I initially installed it on my device, and was surprised to find it doesnt install a program, but rather a new line in the options menu. After playing with that for awhile, then a battery pull, I finally got it to login and record a position whcih you can track from their website. I then installed it on her device (plan being to try and be able to track her at the NYC marathon this weekend) - and all seemed to go well. It picked her up on their site fairly well though I'm not sure teh settings in terms of how often it updates (they have a time and distance based setting) made much difference.

biggest complaints
    1) reliability - it failed just prior to marathon. not clear why. took an early morning position then didnt update beyond that. tried a reboot, relogging, nothing seemed to get her device to update again. Same things tried on my end, computer and berry as well..
    2) interface - buried in options just isnt that easy to get to
    3) browser - obvioiusly would be ideal to be able to access the tracking map from another device. I couldnt get the trackign map to load on my berry of her position - the browser (4.5 os) wouldnt load the image. I re-downloaded (having done so before, and then deleted) opera - with minimally more success, but the image still loads horribly with missing data in a large cross type pattern across the image..

Other similar software out there that does better?

Thanks all!!

-Matt
    11-03-08 11:54 PM
    Hmmm looks interesting!
    11-04-08 06:53 AM
    I have just recently loaded this on my fone too, and the first reg location was out by ovr 500 m! Not very accurate! Then it said I was in the frickin States (no offence) but Im in NS Canada!!! After logging out and back in I got it to @ least put me back within the 543m it said i was @ 2 begin with....I dunno but Im not too impressed!
    11-14-08 09:30 AM
    I have just recently loaded this on my fone too, and the first reg location was out by ovr 500 m! Not very accurate! Then it said I was in the frickin States (no offence) but Im in NS Canada!!! After logging out and back in I got it to @ least put me back within the 543m it said i was @ 2 begin with....I dunno but Im not too impressed!
    Be careful, you now owe the US Government back taxes for that few minutes your GPS thought you were in the states.
    11-14-08 09:49 AM
    Be careful, you now owe the US Government back taxes for that few minutes your GPS thought you were in the states.
    LOL I know 'eh....maybe what with Obama being sworn in soon I'll get missed along the way! lol
    11-14-08 10:05 AM
    You might want to look at Ipoki - GPS-based social network, share your location in real-time. I tried their setup briefly a few months ago. I was able view my own devices GPS location on the device via google maps. I believe you are able to view other devices as well though I didn't try doing this. Hope this helps.

MB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD