Dear blackberrians

I am writing this to ask if seriusly thats what is the most important for Blackberry the Keyone silver and black edition You there in Blackberry you have way better phones like PRIV and Dtek60 seriusly this forum here is getting to Keyone and motion updates Why I know that its 2 new devices but RPIV and Dteks are also new with same specs or even way better specs like cameras screens etc..

SO where is the october update todays its 1st of November and some are stuck on 5th of september I cannot say this is a monthly update , If today was 5th of october yes would be a monthly update but this is not monthly any more!!!

yes blackberry products were affected by the wifi virus but take it easy thats what blackberry says oh yes ? thats why I' ve bought the most secure mobile device like our signatures states when we sending emails?

How is it safe if from the beginning 2016 October even one hacking threat was not stopped by those secure android Blackberry phones ??

I don't care make your own servers if it comes to updates and give them to your phones first or a least protect from some if our phones have hardened software since no attempt were stopped then its not secure its same as IOS and samsung phones and yes huawei , zte , doogee phones.

How someone will think "oh yeah look at that blackberry Phones even android protected their users from KRACK " .... Lets give it a try?!!!

everyone is welcome to this even Blackberry CANADA and of course BLackberry Mobile to answer their statements about the above questions !
    Qorax and anon(10218918) like this.
    11-01-17 09:00 AM
    BBMo is paying BB for these updates and since BB isn't getting paid by anybody, BB doesn't care.... Since they're no longer in hardware, they're priorities are BBMo devices since BBMo is paying and we're not.

In all fairness, my DTEK50 is on AAP623 October 5th update.
    11-01-17 09:06 AM
    Security updates need to be carrier agnostic. This is one thing that IOS gets right, and BB10 has halfway right (i.e. you can still install it yourself instead of waiting for a carrier-approved update). Android needs to evolve past this.
    11-01-17 09:39 AM
    Security updates need to be carrier agnostic. This is one thing that IOS gets right, and BB10 has halfway right (i.e. you can still install it yourself instead of waiting for a carrier-approved update). Android needs to evolve past this.
    With the convergence of carrier locked vs factory unlocked updates, it seems to be improving, slightly, but improving.
    11-01-17 09:45 AM
    Dear blackberrians

I am writing this to ask if seriusly thats what is the most important for Blackberry the Keyone silver and black edition You there in Blackberry you have way better phones like PRIV and Dtek60 seriusly this forum here is getting to Keyone and motion updates Why I know that its 2 new devices but RPIV and Dteks are also new with same specs or even way better specs like cameras screens etc..

SO where is the october update todays its 1st of November and some are stuck on 5th of september I cannot say this is a monthly update , If today was 5th of october yes would be a monthly update but this is not monthly any more!!!

yes blackberry products were affected by the wifi virus but take it easy thats what blackberry says oh yes ? thats why I' ve bought the most secure mobile device like our signatures states when we sending emails?

How is it safe if from the beginning 2016 October even one hacking threat was not stopped by those secure android Blackberry phones ??

I don't care make your own servers if it comes to updates and give them to your phones first or a least protect from some if our phones have hardened software since no attempt were stopped then its not secure its same as IOS and samsung phones and yes huawei , zte , doogee phones.

How someone will think "oh yeah look at that blackberry Phones even android protected their users from KRACK " .... Lets give it a try?!!!

everyone is welcome to this even Blackberry CANADA and of course BLackberry Mobile to answer their statements about the above questions !
    Just rubber stamping Google's patches, isn't a wise move.... as was learned back in July. Takes time to test each device and approve an update. Which takes money.... sadly the focuses is the KENone right now as it's the only "current" device, others seem to take turns. With success, more money will give them more to dedicate to updates.

That said the odds of you running into a situation where a vulnerability that needed to be patched a month ago, are pretty slim.
    11-01-17 09:59 AM
    BBMo is paying BB for these updates and since BB isn't getting paid by anybody, BB doesn't care.... Since they're no longer in hardware, they're priorities are BBMo devices since BBMo is paying and we're not.

In all fairness, my DTEK50 is on AAP623 October 5th update.
    Although likely true this whole BlackBerry Mobile pays for each update is just something that was started here in the CB forums. Nobody truly knows how the licence agreement is set up exactly. Their agreement from the beginning could have been contingent on updates for a certain amount of time which if I was TCL (being the only one willing to licence and in a position of power) I would have certainly negotiated for. Paying for each update and security patch is likely not what is happening here.
    11-01-17 10:00 AM
    Although likely true this whole BlackBerry Mobile pays for each update is just something that was started here in the CB forums. Nobody truly knows how the licence agreement is set up exactly. Their agreement from the beginning could have been contingent on updates for a certain amount of time which if I was TCL (being the only one willing to licence and in a position of power) I would have certainly negotiated for. Paying for each update and security patch is likely not what is happening here.
    I'm thinking more along the lines of choice made at beginning for year of monthly updates as part of license... For KEYone and future devices.
    11-01-17 10:24 AM
    BlackBerry being the one to have to pay for development, probable did their own negotiating. Especially with money being so tight back in the Fall of last year.

I doubt either are actually happy about how things have turned out - think TCL has found the brand a little more toxic then they hoped and no real enterprise interest - think BlackBerry probable isn't impressed with the slow roll out and lack of sales (thus licensing dollars. And with BlackBerry Mobile saying at some point they'll handle the support of the DTEKs.... negotiating is ongoing.

What is clear, based on Aurora updates and KEYone CDMA updates as well as the PRIV and DTEKS.... not everyone gets monthly updates every month. BlackBerry's fault or the Licensees fault, it is what it is. I suspect added more devices will only complicate that issue. The real key will be if the dollars start rolling in so everyone is happy...
    11-01-17 10:27 AM
    BlackBerry being the one to have to pay for development, probable did their own negotiating. Especially with money being so tight back in the Fall of last year.

I doubt either are actually happy about how things have turned out - think TCL has found the brand a little more toxic then they hoped and no real enterprise interest - think BlackBerry probable isn't impressed with the slow roll out and lack of sales (thus licensing dollars. And with BlackBerry Mobile saying at some point they'll handle the support of the DTEKs.... negotiating is ongoing.

What is clear, based on Aurora updates and KEYone CDMA updates as well as the PRIV and DTEKS.... not everyone gets monthly updates every month. BlackBerry's fault or the Licensees fault, it is what it is. I suspect added more devices will only complicate that issue. The real key will be if the dollars start rolling in so everyone is happy...
    Again this is all pure conjecture. BlackBerry had very few step up to the plate when announcing this licencing plan so to say they were in the position of negotiating power is not really true.
    If BlackBerry Mobile was not happy with the result thus far, its doubtful they would have agreed to take on the DTEK line support. Also, doubtful they would be speaking about what is in store through 2019 and beyond. And I"m also pretty sure they would have negotiated as out clause and not just agreed to licence even if things went belly up. Like I said, there are different licencees, different agreement and nobody know how they are set up and what is expected form each party.
    Also to state unequivocally that BlackBerry Mobile has to pay for each update as though its fact and people have read the ins and outs of the agreement is just simply inaccurate information. Its being spun as absolute fact in the forums for people to make their arguments. I'm not device manufacturer but I certainly would not agree to pay every month for a security update and take on all the hardware risk from a company that had no takers for their software product initially and also touts themselves as the most secure software product in its.
    11-01-17 10:51 AM
    Again this is all pure conjecture. BlackBerry had very few step up to the plate when announcing this licencing plan so to say they were in the position of negotiating power is not really true.
    If BlackBerry Mobile was not happy with the result thus far, its doubtful they would have agreed to take on the DTEK line support. Also, doubtful they would be speaking about what is in store through 2019 and beyond. And I"m also pretty sure they would have negotiated as out clause and not just agreed to licence even if things went belly up. Like I said, there are different licencees, different agreement and nobody know how they are set up and what is expected form each party.
    Also to state unequivocally that BlackBerry Mobile has to pay for each update as though its fact and people have read the ins and outs of the agreement is just simply inaccurate information. Its being spun as absolute fact in the forums for people to make their arguments. I'm not device manufacturer but I certainly would not agree to pay every month for a security update and take on all the hardware risk from a company that had no takers for their software product initially and also touts themselves as the most secure software product in its.
    The general public never gets to see proprietary agreements between companies. Realistically, business owners/executives think for themselves and formulate most likely scenario from their previous business dealings. I believe some very accurate logical assumptions can be made.

PRIV and DTEK won't be OS updated and have lower priority for security updates than KEYone and Motion. This makes sense because it benefits BB and BBMo to sell new devices. The reasons or sharing arrangements can be debated but this much is certain...
    11-01-17 11:50 AM
    The general public never gets to see proprietary agreements between companies. Realistically, business owners/executives think for themselves and formulate most likely scenario from their previous business dealings. I believe some very accurate logical assumptions can be made.

PRIV and DTEK won't be OS updated and have lower priority for security updates than KEYone and Motion. This makes sense because it benefits BB and BBMo to sell new devices. The reasons or sharing arrangements can be debated but this much is certain...
    And it simply fits with what we have seen already.

As for BBM taking on the DTEKs.... that hasn't materialized yet. BBM pulled their webpages and BB Support is still who is handling - at least last week.
    11-01-17 12:01 PM
    Dear blackberrians

Many Priv, DTEK50, and KEYᵒⁿᵉ devices have the October patch - some got two. DTEK60 has not yet received it.

The fact that some have not had the pleasure, is beyond the purview of TCL - the updates are in the hands of other intermediary agencies.

Complain all you want that the rest of the world's manufacturers don't have the same sweet deal as Apple, but that's the way it is.
    11-01-17 12:07 PM
    And it simply fits with what we have seen already.

As for BBM taking on the DTEKs.... that hasn't materialized yet. BBM pulled their webpages and BB Support is still who is handling - at least last week.
    TCL has been providing support for the DTEKs for some time now. Some people have been getting replacement KEYᵒⁿᵉ devices for broken DTEK60s for instance.
    11-01-17 12:08 PM
    @ray689, it doesn't matter how the licencing arrangements were structured as far as when money physically changes hands, so I'm not sure why it seems to be a point of contention as to whether they get paid per update, or as per an initial payout that stipulates a specific level of support. It's the same in the end.

Obviously different levels of support can and have been negotiated with BlackBerry. TCL and PT BB Merah Putih clearly made deals that suited their respective markets better. TCL opted for more updates, whereas PT BB Merah Putih opted for keeping the price of its product(s) down.
    11-01-17 12:15 PM
    @ray689, it doesn't matter how the licencing arrangements were structured as far as when money physically changes hands, so I'm not sure why it seems to be a point of contention as to whether they get paid per update, or as per an initial payout that stipulates a specific level of support. It's the same in the end.

Obviously different levels of support can and have been negotiated with BlackBerry. TCL and PT BB Merah Putih clearly made deals that suited their respective markets better. TCL opted for more updates, whereas PT BB Merah Putih opted for keeping the price of its product(s) down.
    Its not a point of contention. I just wonder why people in here seem to claim it as fact when an update is late or doesn't come or may not come the excuse is always "TCL probably didn't pay for it" or whatever. The reality is yes of course there has to be a benefit for BlackBerry to issue updates but who is to say the agreement isn't something like X amount per device sold which includes 2 years of suppose and patches. And actually, the way things are going now, that is more likely what it is with TCL given that the KEYone for example will get updates including Android O well into next year. The point is, people spreading information as to how and why updates happen or not as though its fact is incorrect information.
    11-01-17 12:33 PM
    TCL has been providing support for the DTEKs for some time now. Some people have been getting replacement KEYᵒⁿᵉ devices for broken DTEK60s for instance.
    OMG seriusly if I have the Dtek 60 broken I wil get a keyone no way no go I bought it for the screen and the camera keyone have lower specs ..
    11-01-17 12:38 PM
    This is a problem that predates licensing, some BB Android users get monthly updates on day 1 while others may not get them at all, even on unlocked devices. I don't think BlackBerry has commented on why.
    11-01-17 12:47 PM
    OMG seriusly if I have the Dtek 60 broken I wil get a keyone no way no go I bought it for the screen and the camera keyone have lower specs ..
    There are no more DTEK60s, so what can they do if it can't be fixed?

Besides, I have them both, and the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is just as fast, and better in almost every other way. Big upgrade.
    11-01-17 12:56 PM
    BBMo could sell so much devices...but not by this way as they practise the security updates. Seems as they are more interested in the market of the Antartica than Europe... The Priv is still on September 5th. Don't believe in BlackBerry.
    11-01-17 02:13 PM
    BBMo could sell so much devices...but not by this way as they practise the security updates. Seems as they are more interested in the market of the Antartica than Europe... The Priv is still on September 5th. Don't believe in BlackBerry.
    You really think sales are directly tied to security patch updates? Do you honestly think the average consumer has a clue or even cares? If that were the case, Pixles would be outselling Samsung devices. BlackBerry Mobile is still ahead of every other OEM in security updates besides Google's own devices.
    11-01-17 02:53 PM
    You really think sales are directly tied to security patch updates? Do you honestly think the average consumer has a clue or even cares? If that were the case, Pixles would be outselling Samsung devices. BlackBerry Mobile is still ahead of every other OEM in security updates besides Google's own devices.
    No, I don't think the average consumer cares about monthly security updates....

Do think enterprise might have viewed those device being passed over for feature updates and missing more than one montly update as a negative mark against the "brand" (whoever the fault really was). I suspect though that TCL Communications finical problems and BlackBerry Mobiles trickle out sales method are much more worrisome for enterprise.

Average consumers... still think BlackBerry is gone.
    11-01-17 03:15 PM
    No, I don't think the average consumer cares about monthly security updates....

Do think enterprise might have viewed those device being passed over for feature updates and missing more than one montly update as a negative mark against the "brand" (whoever the fault really was). I suspect though that TCL Communications finical problems and BlackBerry Mobiles trickle out sales method are much more worrisome for enterprise.

SO enterprise requires security patches every month on the first day they can possibly be pushed out as well? Guess you should let all the companies who deploy millions Samsung devices since BlackBerry has pushed updates at a much better pace even if late the odd month. Look I get it, you don't think this is going to work for BlackBerry and TCL and that's fine. Easy solution for people who feel that way, buy a Pixel and you have no worries about security updates.
    11-01-17 03:20 PM

That’s because the BlackBerry that they remember is gone! The true fans just don’t want to let go!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-01-17 07:18 PM
    There are no general updates available to Keyone users, see posts. I'm on a September patch. Don't worry if you never get another ever again. i'm not holding out any hope, and I'm in the world mobile capital. "Go figure" as the yanks say.
    But it doesn't seem to make any difference to the phone anyway, so...
    11-03-17 08:03 AM
    There are no general updates available to Keyone users, see posts. I'm on a September patch. Don't worry if you never get another ever again. i'm not holding out any hope, and I'm in the world mobile capital. "Go figure" as the yanks say.
    But it doesn't seem to make any difference to the phone anyway, so...
    Probably just because you're in Barceloney....... Halfway between Hogsmeade and Narnia. But you're right, shouldn't make any difference, unless your CIA or MI6.
    mrsimon likes this.
    11-03-17 08:10 AM
26 12