February is fitness month at Mobile Nations, and you know what that means? we all get together to get in shape, share tips and tricks and recipes for success, review amazing apps and accessories, give away great prizes, and have a ton of fun!

This here is our Exercise MY Way contest. Simply tell us how you use your BlackBerry or PlayBook to stay in shape. What are your favorite apps? What are your go to accessories for keeping fit? How does your device fit your active lifestyle? We want to know! We'll post the best entries on Friday, so get them in ASAP! Need more incentive?

We'll pick one winner a week and send them a $100 gift certificate!

What are you waiting for, start posting NOW!
    02-04-13 10:33 AM
    I've lost 22lbs since the beginning of January using my BlackBerry and the Livestrong MyPlate app which helps count calories and track exercise and weight, still going strong!
    02-04-13 11:06 AM
    I use myfitnesspal to track my food, Bbm music & podcast app for my music and documents to go to log my workouts =)

MoNa Fitness Contest #2 - Exercise MY way -- how I use my BlackBerry or PlayBook to stay in shape-24024733_4766.jpg
    I started bulking in november, up to 182 lbs, cutting back down now. My phone changed from a curve to a bold9900(hopefully z10 soon)
    Last edited by yourpoison; 02-05-13 at 03:11 AM. Reason: added photo
    02-04-13 11:06 AM
    Did heavy lifting for 40 minutes and played badminton for 50. Not a bad start to the week! I use the playbook's spreadsheet feature to track my workouts to see how much I should be lifting next time!
    02-04-13 11:21 AM
    I use my 9320 to watch a sermon while using our elliptical machine.
    02-04-13 11:23 AM
    Every day I play Dance Dance Revolution for 2 hours straight, except for Thursdays when I do it for 5 hours straight. Been doing this for 13.5 years now. The game tells me how many calories I burn each time I play, so I use my BB 9900 to write them down and make sure I hit a certain quota for calories based on how much I ate, which I keep track with MyPlate Calorie Tracker.

And I also use my PlayBook to browse CrackBerry when someone else is on the DDR machine
    02-04-13 01:15 PM
    I use Endomondo Pro on my 9650 to track my open water training swims for an attempt to swim the English Channel later this year. I place the phone in a dry bag that I drag behind me in the water. So far my longest swim has been 18 miles. I also use my PlayBook to access my training history that is stored on Endomondo Web site.
    02-04-13 02:25 PM
    My 9780 (now 9700) is a big part of my workouts. When I do cardio, I play podcasts; when I lift weights, I listen to music. When I was doing hardcore cardio, I would jot down the 'calories burnt' for that day, tally them up at the end of the week, and compare my numbers week to week--all using the native notepad. And finally, when doing stretches/calisthenic workouts, I use the native timer to count down during sets.
    02-04-13 04:37 PM
    I've lost 22lbs since the beginning of January using my BlackBerry and the Livestrong MyPlate app which helps count calories and track exercise and weight, still going strong!
    Me too! Down 30 lbs and counting. Great job and keep it up!
    02-04-13 07:51 PM
    Attachment 133959
    Shadow boxing a few rounds in the morning is how I start my day while listening to Pandora on my BB device with the ear buds and using the gym technik app in BlackBerry app world to log my time and exercises.
    Great pic! I do boxing twice a week after karate with my dad. Love the rush I feel after. Where were you when Kevin asked all of us to update our profile pics for the revamp launch coming up?! So hard to find a good photographer.
    anon4287986 likes this.
    02-04-13 07:52 PM
    Those of us on the Crack Team are really going to try and keep you all motivated but hearing from all of you BlackBerry abusers is what really motivates us so make sure to spread the word about the contest and the threads!

Since October I've lost over 30 lbs by watching my calorie intake (switched from using full size dinner plates to salad plates), exercise every day (switching it up with P90X, karate, yoga, boxing and running) and making sure I drink a ton of water and take my vitamins
    02-04-13 07:57 PM
    I use JeFit that I sideloaded to record my stats. I use the video recorder to record my lifts especially when going for a personal record. I am happy to say my trusted playbook was with me recording my latest personal record of 305 for a single on the bench @ 140 body weight. Soon I will be using my BB10 instead.
    02-04-13 08:50 PM
    I love Endomondo | Community based on free GPS tracking of sports in the summer when I get outdoors. The website is the best out there. Beats nike and any gps company hands down. The amount of stats and info it relays from your workouts Is huge. Make shur you get a bluetooth heartrate moniter to pair to your phone too, for 100$ its far cheaper then most HRM watches. Polar WearLink+ Bluetooth Coded Heart Rate Transmitter Set:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors

This combo was the leading reason I lost 30 pounds last spring. It was my personal trainer, and workout companion. It was a competition everyday against my own stats. Seeing the improvements everyday in numbers was super motivation. Can't wait for summer. Now I'm indoors doing p90x. All I use is my calender on my 9900 to remind me the schedule. And endomondo to view my heartrate on cardio days, i dont record the exercises though. Not really a point with indoors stuff.

I'm tempted to ditch the endomondo/smartphone combo and go with a suunto ambit watch. Its basically batmans watch Suunto Ambit | Suunto best on the market, won all the awards in that field. We'll see how long it takes endomondo to get there bb10 app ready.
    02-05-13 02:30 AM
    I am currently doing the Insanity workout series along with the C25K running schedule. On my Blackberry Bold 9650, I can track my runs and workouts using the Endomondo App. For calories, I use the MyFitnessPal App. On my Playbook, I track my workouts and runs using the Endomondo app playbook version. There is no real calorie tracking app for the playbook yet. Also, there is a Insanity workout schedule app for the Playbook so you know which exercises your doing for the day.
    02-05-13 05:09 AM
    I'm now into week two of the excellent Max Capacity training App. Its like maximum torture but its only 16 Minutes per day 3 days per week and that suits my lifestyle of work/travel/family (sadly in that order)
    02-06-13 10:49 AM
    I use Les Mills Pump through Beachbody.com. It is a new program for me. I am tracking my weight and measurements as well as average calories burned per minute on my Bold 9790 Documents to Go Spreadsheet. Also, I use my calendar in the 9790 to set an appointment for my daily workout and video. Over the 90 days I have the calendar set for what I am to do each day.
    02-06-13 08:02 PM
    I'm in my second go round of Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer on bodybuilding.com, getting ready to move into phase 2 on Tuesday. I have also been eating clean (no processed food for over two years and eating every 2.5 to 3 hours). I have gone from 188 to 134 pounds. I have built up a lot of muscle following this program which I follow with my Blackberry 9900. I use my blackberry calendar to keep me on schedule with my meals. It is great because I set up recurring daily meals that start after my postworkout shake and carb, which is usually around 5 am. I have M1, M2, M3, etc. This really helps keep me on track and it is so easy to change the time based on when I go to the gym. I also use my Blackberry while at the gym to listen to music while working out. I like mixes that last at least an hour and have downloaded quite a few from DJ Rolemodel for free. The music along with my Motorola S305 BT headphones keeps me moving. I'd be lost without my Blackberry in the gym.
    02-08-13 10:03 AM
    How don't I work out. Weights, cycling, hiking and martial arts. I'm exhausted. I only use my devices to relax.
    02-08-13 01:16 PM
    I primarily use a Garmin GPS and upload to Strava for all my cycling and running, but I just downloaded Fitness Tracker for my 9930 to try for my running.

Late winter, I'm running avg 16 mi. & cycling 60 mi. each week. Just keeping a base until spring hits, and the daylight savings time changes
    02-08-13 01:38 PM
    im all about MiCoach....that little program works me like a dog!
    02-08-13 01:49 PM
    I started doing at the age of 10. I did karate, basketball, handball, 100m, and by the age of 18, I started bodybuilding. So sports were good to me but the results were not what I expected. I was still skiny and even nutrion wasn't working. At the age of 21 I started the fall, not doing sports, exercises, buying magazine, training at all, left the nutrion apart. After a pause of 2 years, I had an interesting chat with my father, who I admire the most. What he told me then change my life. All of it. So many training methods, so many nutrions, in vain. What you really have to do is just set your goal and push your body. Your brain does it for you. First time I tried it I benchpushed 120kg although I never could in the past to push more than 65kg. I stopped thinking it was hard and thought of the weight as if was only 20kg. It helped! You must be assisted all the time so you would not get hurt! So genetics is different but we can all think possitive. That helps a lot. I use my BlackBerry to listen to my fav music, to get me in my mood while I am working out. I keep a log on it so next time I workout I will know what limits I have to push. Good luck to you all.

Sent from my BB 9900.
    02-08-13 02:15 PM
    I set easy reminders and schedules on my torch to count between exercises and remind me of others with memo pad. Also, I ported p90x to my phone to pick out routines on the go when in the gym!
    02-08-13 03:17 PM
    After installing runtastic, I use it and my BB to keep track of my running stats.
    02-08-13 06:25 PM
    I take classes in mixed martial arts and today at noon i had muay thai and sparring for 90min, strength and conditioning for 45min at 5:30, mma for 90min, and Brazilian jiu jitsu for 90min

For every class i have 2 essential devices. My blackberry torch 9810 and my Jawbone speakers. I use the the In2Shape Round Timer app so i know when each round is over, and i also know how long to do each exercise.

I highly recommend mma training, sometimes just doing weights can get boring. Doing different disciplines can help you have a functional workout, and help you keep in shape
    02-09-13 12:51 AM
    Use it for music and to watch work out routines on YouTube plus BBM while I'm resting
    02-09-13 12:15 PM
28 12