Is that you because where was I complaining about it? I just stating a fact.
    More of a prediction, just like your comment.

 Posted via Z10 
    BB_Junky likes this.
    03-01-15 08:23 AM
    More of a prediction, just like your comment.

 Posted via Z10 
    I'd much rather Blackberry work on more important things like their current OS bugs than this type of connectivity.
    03-01-15 08:26 AM
    My family is a mix of iOS and Android (BBRY are used only for work phones so locked down), we all use hangouts which allows video conference with multiple people plus you can do accross PC, tables and phone.
    03-01-15 09:11 AM
    Well we are actually a BBM family. So my brother, sister and i chat via BBM video either on our playbooks/BB10 phones or BBM voice o the BBM app.
    03-01-15 09:13 AM
    Well we are actually a BBM family. So my brother, sister and i chat via BBM video either on our playbooks/BB10 phones or BBM voice o the BBM app.
    I have yet to use Bbm video, how is the quality?

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    03-01-15 09:19 AM
    We could do it with Blend. Can't we?
    03-01-15 09:32 AM
    That's pretty cool , but remember Tools not Toys, as a BBRY owner we would never lower ourselves to something so trivial.
    03-01-15 10:34 AM
    The show is on ABC, which is a broadcast network. No cable needed, just a digital antenna.
    There is no such thing as "digital antenna", just an antenna. More marketing hype. TV is broadcast on the same frequencies they were in analog, although many switched to UHF after digital transition. You could use a coat hanger or a long piece of wire if the signal is strong enough.
    03-01-15 12:32 PM
    That's pretty cool , but remember Tools not Toys, as a BBRY owner we would never lower ourselves to something so trivial.
    Perhaps you're unaware of the business applications of the iPhone and iPad. "Tools not toys" is little more than the sour grapes battle cry of the more bitter/jealous BlackBerry faithful, at this point. Since when does one have to "lower" themselves to communicating with family, using available technology? Perhaps you missed the OP. In the episode, the mother is delayed at the airport and is reaching out to family members on her iPad. Also, where's the stretch folks? IOS is pretty popular. Is it so far fetched that a family of 5 all use apple products? Particularly, with all but one likely paid for by the parents.
    03-01-15 12:38 PM
    Perhaps you're unaware of the business applications of the iPhone and iPad. "Tools not toys" is little more than the sour grapes battle cry of the more bitter/jealous BlackBerry faithful, at this point. Since when does one have to "lower" themselves to communicating with family, using available technology? Perhaps you missed the OP. In the episode, the mother is delayed at the airport and is reaching out to family members on her iPad. Also, where's the stretch folks? IOS is pretty popular. Is it so far fetched that a family of 5 all use apple products? Particularly, with all but one likely paid for by the parents.
    Didn't detect a hint of sarcasm in my post did you.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    03-01-15 12:41 PM
    The stretch is that family is on a fictional TV program. I do not believe that most families are like those fictional characters.
    03-01-15 12:48 PM
    It's a medium of written words You need to do something that would show the sarcastic intent since they can't hear inflection in your voice.
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
    03-01-15 12:50 PM
    I did not, but I can see it with you having stated that intent. My comment was also in response to the blindly loyal comments that preceded yours.

Tim Allen and Kevin Spacey use BlackBerry's in their shows and there's a collective swoon. The OP references some pretty impressive continuity within the IOSphere, and it starts to turn negative.
    03-01-15 02:29 PM
    I did not, but I can see it with you having stated that intent. My comment was also in response to the blindly loyal comments that preceded yours.

Tim Allen and Kevin Spacey use BlackBerry's in their shows and there's a collective swoon. The OP references some pretty impressive continuity within the IOSphere, and it starts to turn negative.
    Trust me, there are some folks that would rather chew metal tacks than admit something is cool with regards to a tech "enemy."

Wait till we get such interoperability. Then it'll be cool.
    03-01-15 02:40 PM
    Being double or triple connected to family members was the intent of the OP. Not if it was cool but whatever. My sister has been in the hospital for 2 months, and I can instantly group text everyone when I need to contact the family, with the exception of two brothers who do not know how to text. So I have to call them... that's connected enough for me.
    mk2234 likes this.
    03-01-15 02:45 PM
    My family is pretty much a BlackBerry family. Those who do not have the phones have Playbooks. I can say that a "wanted" BBM video chat happens about once a month. The other weekly video chats that take place are usually preceded by a groan from the receiving party, a comment of "He's video calling again, why can't he just text me?" and then an uncomfortable conversation where it is realized that what we needed to say to each other we really didn't need to see each other to accomplish.

I'm not saying the technology is not great, it is, it's amazing. We seem to have reached a place in our inter-family communication where we'd rather just text instead of talk. I mean, we even do it when we're in the same house. Maybe it's because when the person you're talking to can't see you, they don't know you're rolling your eyes while reading what they have to say.

Posted via CB10
    tmf06 and alternator77 like this.
    03-01-15 02:50 PM
    Some of y'all must not like hearing from family.

And I van understand that. Mine,....we just happen to love each other. So we do that face time thing once a month. Its a great way for mom and dad to see their grandkids.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-01-15 05:17 PM

And I van understand that. Mine,....we just happen to love each other. So we do that face time thing once a month. Its a great way for mom and dad to see their grandkids.

I can communicate fine with my family without facetime/iphone products.
    mk2234 and BKbehave like this.
    03-01-15 05:35 PM

Awh that's cute

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    03-01-15 05:43 PM
    I can communicate fine with my family without facetime/iphone products.
    Sure. There's lots of ways you can do it.

Just not many as tightly integrated as this.

But that's fine. Family's did a wonderful job staying in touch before continuity came online last year.

03-01-15 05:43 PM
    Awh that's cute

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    It could be a commercial, I tell ya!

03-01-15 05:44 PM
    Sure. There's lots of ways you can do it.

Just not many as tightly integrated as this.

But that's fine. Family's did a wonderful job staying in touch before continuity came online last year.

Oh, btw... the plural of family is families.
    03-01-15 05:53 PM
    I thought that it was a great episode and the fluid connectivity was impressive. I don't know that it would be quite as fluid in real life scenarios but I definitely can see that Apple is way ahead of the game within their own eco-system.
    I think long term though, the connectivity is going to have to go beyond one eco-system and BlackBerry seems to be heading in the right direction with this approach. The only way for Apple to have this type of connectivity with everyone is if they all use Apple products and, as successful as they have been at getting their products into every home, it's just not going to happen. Apple is past their peak of popularity and people are switching to other platforms. The only real way for a truly 'connected' world in the technology realm is cross-platform support. I hope BlackBerry continues to soldier on in this front and doesn't forsake the consumer market here. BlackBerry being 'all-for-business' is a good image but, in the real world, I only want to video chat with my family and close friends - not clients and employees. Email and phone calls are good enough for that.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-01-15 05:54 PM
    I'm not tied to a brand. This is why I use an iPad Air 2...it's the best tablet.

Posted via CB10
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    03-01-15 05:56 PM
    I thought that it was a great episode and the fluid connectivity was impressive. I don't know that it would be quite as fluid in real life scenarios but I definitely can see that Apple is way ahead of the game within their own eco-system.
    I think long term though, the connectivity is going to have to go beyond one eco-system and BlackBerry seems to be heading in the right direction with this approach. The only way for Apple to have this type of connectivity with everyone is if they all use Apple products and, as successful as they have been at getting their products into every home, it's just not going to happen. Apple is past their peak of popularity and people are switching to other platforms. The only real way for a truly 'connected' world in the technology realm is cross-platform support. I hope BlackBerry continues to soldier on in this front and doesn't forsake the consumer market here. BlackBerry being 'all-for-business' is a good image but, in the real world, I only want to video chat with my family and close friends - not clients and employees. Email and phone calls are good enough for that.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    lol and what do you base the highlighted statement on? Because sales numbers sure do disagree with Apple being past their peak popularity... They're pretty much tied up with Samsung now, in terms of global marketshare by manufacturer.
    03-01-15 06:42 PM
84 1234