Mobile Tracker for BlackBerry is now available.

The Tracklog experience on your mobile! Designed to be easy to use.

Worldwide usable.
    Customizable delay between position recordings.
    Record your track.
    Height recording.
    Background tracking.
    View your track in the Google Earth's 3D view.
    Unlimited track length.

Guaranteed: 100% subscribtion free!

Easily record tracklogs using your mobile device and show them in Google Earth or publish them with Google Maps.
    05-21-07 08:18 AM
    Also, HERE and

Last edited by MMB916; 05-21-07 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Added Demo
    05-21-07 11:17 AM
    I want to use my Cingular/ATT pearl and GPS puck
    to have my partner track my location (in real time) here in the US.

Does this program (Mobile Tracker) do that?

Would my partner need anything in addition to
    a broadband connection?

Thanks,
    Last edited by bukzin; 10-24-07 at 11:23 PM. Reason: more thought!
    10-24-07 11:16 PM
    Doesn't work on my Storm (9530). It just doesn't connect with the GPS. Well that's not quite true, it did connect once. I left the BlackBerry on my dresser for charging and the next morning MobileTracker had 3,000 points. I never got it to track again. I checked other mapping programs such as BlackBerry's Maps and Google Maps and they aquire the GPS. I sent my problem to SkyLabs and they referred me to BlackBerry support. So I gave up
    05-05-10 12:44 PM
    Doesn't work on my Storm (9530). It just doesn't connect with the GPS. Well that's not quite true, it did connect once. I left the BlackBerry on my dresser for charging and the next morning MobileTracker had 3,000 points. I never got it to track again. I checked other mapping programs such as BlackBerry's Maps and Google Maps and they aquire the GPS. I sent my problem to SkyLabs and they referred me to BlackBerry support. So I gave up

Nice job on searching! 3 year old post may be a new record! lol!
    05-05-10 12:46 PM
    Even though I bought it from the Blackberry Store (and it was advertised as compatible on all models). Same problem, it just doesn't connect to GPS, even though the GPS function works for other apps like Maps. I changed the options settings to "allow" Mobile Tracker to access GPS, but that does not help. Also had the Verizon store confirm that the GPS was working. MobileTracker tech support in Hong Kong was useless. Would appreciate any suggestions for how to get this to work.
    06-15-10 01:36 AM
    Well it does work on my phone but that's it???? Wont connect with Google maps on my PC and when you click on the saved file nothing happens?? But I emailed the guys at Skylab Mobile Systems before I purchased it and they said it would work with the Blackberry Storm 2 no problems?????

So me thinks their must be a bit of fiddling to do when you install the APP
    09-14-10 03:39 AM
    This is the reply I got back from Skylab Mobile Systems about the problems
    "Hello you would need to contact the website you bought the app from as it was purchased through their website and they are resposible for the download to your handset they should be able to assist"

I responded and said that what you mean is the App runs perfect in a Blackberry Storm 2 and that their must of been an error in the App I downloaded
    Will post the next reply
    09-14-10 06:46 AM
    This is an old post, but the thread never really resolves anything about MobileTracker.

I'm using bold 9930 on verizon and see the same behavior with mobileTracker version 1.51 as others have mentioned here... That is, it never connects to gps, while at the same time several other gps applications can show my exact coordinates and where I am on the map etc.

I've written skylabs and their only comment so far was to tell me to `refresh gps'.

After following directions in the manual I was unable to find the menu item mentioned there.

Well, it turns out that after talking with BB tech help, that menu item has been blocked in 9900 and 9930. Even though the manual for 9930 tells how to do it, still it is blocked and you never see the `refresh location' menu item. BB claims it is to keep users from interfering with the quality of gps signal they get.

So a refresh is not possible on 9930, and anyway when other apps are seeing and using gps signal... why does MobileTracker need special attention.?

So has anyone figured out how to make MobileTracker work on any newish blackberry?

PS - I also have the same problem with another skylab product called:
    GPS Waypoint Manager. It will not find or connect to gps signal either.
    02-10-12 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD