Is it smart to leave both Mobile Network, Wifi connections on at the same time, or are you just suppose to leave one on, for Blackberry Bold phone?
    03-06-09 11:20 AM
    It doesnt really matter, but if you leave wifi on all the time it wastes battery.
    03-06-09 11:48 AM
    On the Rogers network there have been several problems with both active (especially while making voice calls). I spoke with Rogers and they said that there were times were voice clarity was countered or the call was completely cut off as the wifi / radio kept trying to outdo each other
    03-06-09 01:06 PM
    Leaving them both on doesn't affect any data transmissions correct? I mean as long as my browsers are set to wifi I shouldn't incur any charges to my monthly bill, right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 08:45 PM
    Hey everyone I'm new here

Well it is true that if u leave it on all day it will drain ur battery but by having both on the BB will use the wifi for web and calls b4 using the mobile network... I came up with this theory because I don't have a data plan and my bb will use the wifi b4 tryin my t-mobile connection and while talking over wifi I don't use my minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 07:37 AM
    I have wifi on all the time and catch a hot spot at work and home. I've tried it both ways too, turning wifi on only when I'm in either of those areas and I have yet to notice any bad side effects. My battery consumption seems consistent in either mode and not noticeably greater in wifi in either case.

I have read what Speedv1 posted on but I've yet to see that happen but could see that as a possibility. My service has been very good with the new BB as far as that goes.
    04-08-09 06:59 PM
    Hi there!I'm new here! :-)

I have a bb bold 9000 and my problem is, I cannot use Wi-fi and mobile connection at the same time. The unit restarts over and over...Can you really not use them both simultaneously? Or is there something wrong with my unit?

Help,anyone? :-(

Thanks!
    04-03-10 02:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD