Ive looked around here and i havnt found anything to shed some light on my question so hopefully someone on here can...sorry if i put this in the wrong spot...

I am currently in a CDMA only area. My fiance bought me a 9810 as an early Birthday gift because we will be moving down to Nova Scotia in July. I know that the 9810 is a GSM phone and wont be able to receive phone calls or text messages but what does that mean for the Mobile Hot Spot? I know it turns your phone into a kind or wireless router so other devices can use your data plan to access the net, does that mean if i dont have a data plan or access to one it wont work? am i right in my thinking? and has anyone found out if WIFI-calling works for Bell yet?

thanks a million guys and gals
    03-04-12 08:52 PM
    The wifi calling is only on the Rogers branded phones on the Rogers network. The technology used for wifi calling is licensed to only one carrier per country.
    03-04-12 09:20 PM
    The wifi calling is only on the Rogers branded phones on the Rogers network. The technology used for wifi calling is licensed to only one carrier per country.
    Well that blows...
    03-04-12 09:33 PM
    as for the hotspot. it uses your data plan. everything connects to the phone and the phone connects out to the internet. No data no hotspot.
    03-04-12 11:11 PM
    as for the hotspot. it uses your data plan. everything connects to the phone and the phone connects out to the internet. No data no hotspot.
    thanks for confirming my thoughts. so im going to have with wicked new device and not be able to use it until july :'(
    03-04-12 11:26 PM
    what they said but welcome to the maritimes!
    03-04-12 11:38 PM
    Do you have any wifi Coffey shops or other places you can use the wifi and pretend
    03-04-12 11:38 PM
    well i have WIFI and home and my folks place but way up here there is no wifi places LOL. the internet is expensive as is to give it away for free LOL. heres the "best" plan for our area, unless you can get the sat-based internet which most of us cant
    High Speed Iqaluit Ultra | Northwestel
    03-04-12 11:56 PM
    what they said but welcome to the maritimes!
    well were not there yet LOL still got 4 months but thanks non the less
    03-04-12 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD