I love these forums as I always find an answer to a blackberry problem but from any mobile device I've ever browsed this forum from, the mobile device is never detected as such and sent to the appropriate mobile friendly page (wapforums.crackberry.com) instead it gets this full version of the forums which is very slow on a BB browser.

I've seen other sites using this same forum software which automatically detect a mobile device and redirect them to the mobile friendly version any chance Crackberry can do that?
    06-29-11 04:00 AM
    just type in wap.crackberry.com (or wapforums.crackberry.com) and it will send you to the mobile site. If you bookmark that page, you should be sent to the mobile crackberry site every time on your BB's browser. It should work that way unless you tell it to go to the main site or when you update your OS (whenever you do a full OS reload)
    06-29-11 04:36 AM
    Thanks SaMaster, much appreciated.

Sure enough I visited wapforums.crackberry.com on my blackberry and thereafter every time I visit the site it loads the WAP version, even Google searches now take me to the WAP version ... happiness is
    06-29-11 05:31 AM
    Or m.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 07:58 AM
    OS 5 loads the mobile version like it was supposed to load, OS 6, forget it lol. OS 6 users, opera mini or bolt are recommended to take advantage of the mobile version of the forums. Both of them are webkit (wikipedia and their websites) and to me, kick ****.

06-29-11 08:12 AM
    OS6 loads the mobile version by default but if you for any reason you click on "return to default view" at the bottom of the page from then on it will load the full site.
    To get rid of this you have to clear the browser cache and then you're back to normal.

06-29-11 08:38 AM
    I am running Os 5. I have been toying with the default view myself. If you let it load you can scroll down to the viewing preferences and select Wap 3 view from the choices. I have also found if I clear my cache, pushed and cookies I will be logged out the next time I visit. When I log back in it always returns me back to the mobile version. Just thought I'd pipe in.

06-29-11 08:48 AM
    I am running Os 5. I have been toying with the default view myself. If you let it load you can scroll down to the viewing preferences and select Wap 3 view from the choices. I have also found if I clear my cache, pushed and cookies I will be logged out the next time I visit. When I log back in it always returns me back to the mobile version. Just thought I'd pipe in.

Only if you delete the cookies you have to log in again. I also notice if you use the ebay app once you click to see an item it will automatically delete your cookies and you'd have to log in again. Strange but probably does it for a reason.

06-29-11 08:54 AM
    Thanks SaMaster, much appreciated.

Sure enough I visited wapforums.crackberry.com on my blackberry and thereafter every time I visit the site it loads the WAP version, even Google searches now take me to the WAP version ... happiness is
    No problem. Glad I could help.

And the OS6 webkit browser works perfectly with the mobile version of the site...
    06-29-11 03:18 PM
    OS6 loads the mobile version by default but if you for any reason you click on "return to default view" at the bottom of the page from then on it will load the full site.
    To get rid of this you have to clear the browser cache and then you're back to normal.

pretty sure you can just change back to mobile view at the bottom of the forum in the drop down. no need to clear the cache
    06-29-11 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD