Can anyone tell me why a Mobile Banking icon pops up on my BlackBerry and how to permanently get rid of it? I always delete it in my Service Book but it keeps coming back after a battery pull. It did not come loaded on my phone (Curve 8330) and I never downloaded any application called Mobile Banking so I don't trust it. Did BlackBerry load this on all phones? Does anyone else have this icon? Thanks for your help!
    04-10-10 11:14 PM
    You can't. It is pushed to your phone via the service book.

What I do with these is create a folder called "Trash" move the icons into it and
    then hide the folder. Out of site, out of mind.

BTW, these this consume very very little memory. Less than 10kb in most cases.
    04-10-10 11:46 PM
    Just hide the icon and forget about it. It is pushed by a service book so you cannot get rid of it. Every time the phone is turned on missing service books are reloaded to your phone by your carrier. Your provider gets paid to provide links to companies. They are just greedy pigs.
    04-11-10 12:07 AM
    They are just greedy pigs.
    This is massively hyperbolic and somewhat untrue. If people took the time to
    actually read the contract they entered with their service provider they
    would know that that they, the user, by accepting the Terms of Service
    are giving their consent to this.

I may be in the minority, but I don't walk into a carrier store and say "sign me
    up." My first words are "may I have a printed copy of your service agreement
    to peruse before making a decision."

Due diligence in this case rests totally on the consumer. Signing a document
    you have not read and understand in advance is your fault, not the carriers.
    04-11-10 12:19 AM
    This is massively hyperbolic and somewhat untrue. If people took the time to
    actually read the contract they entered with their service provider they
    would know that that they, the user, by accepting the Terms of Service
    are giving their consent to this....
    Well put. I wish I had the fortitude to read everything I sign. Like most, I get the gist of it and sign away...
    04-11-10 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD