I DL Mobi Reader on my BB Curve and was trying to transfer E-books from gutenberg.org via my computer onto my media card. I have a folder called E-Books.

I have not been able to get this to work? I believe I transferred okay, it's Mobi Reader does not show I have any books.

In fact, Mobi Reader is a bit confusing to use...

Please advise on how to transfer E-books to the memory card and have mobi reader or any other BB reader work.

Thanks!
    08-21-08 06:03 PM
    Have you installed MobiPocket on the Windows computer?

The program lets you import and convert text documents into the eBook format and loads them to the media card in eBooks.

I have not experimented with the BlackBerry only approach, but I suspect the conversion will be less well supported, if at all.
    08-21-08 07:00 PM
    Gutenberg.org books work fine as long as you transfer them to mobireader from the mobi pocket desktop. I have several books done that way. It also converts PDF and a few other formats to mobi format.
    08-21-08 07:48 PM
    would using Cerience PDF Reader be a better solution if mobireader is difficult to work with?

or is the OP just missing a crucial step and giving the impression that mobireader is more difficult to use than it really is?

i have a masochistic friend who is also looking for an e-book reader for her bb so i'm stuck dragging my feet, looking for solution
    08-21-08 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD