I need some help!!!! I have the BB 8830 curve. I have gone and customized the ring tones profiles and I can't get a noise reminder when someone leaves me a message. I changed MMS,Messenger-New Message, Messenger-Alert and none of the work. Please can someone help with this?????? Thanks
    01-21-09 01:20 PM
    Not sure of the issue but I hear battery pulls work well to fix minor glitches etc. This may help the only other thing I can think of if you did in fact save your settings to alert you (after picking a tone) is are you sure you are not set to unavailable in your messenger?

Are you getting other tones like sms, email?

Good luck - hope you get it sorted.
    01-21-09 01:29 PM
    Be sure that the phone is not on the Phone Onle profile. Also ensure that you are editing the settings for the profile that is currently active.
    01-21-09 01:36 PM
    I need some help!!!! I have the BB 8830 curve.
    lulwat?

But yeah my phone is doing that now but my problem I think is because I ripped a piece of hardware that was on the inside of the phone lol my vibrate is so sketchy haha. Try a battery pull or re-install the OS.
    01-21-09 01:44 PM
    i have the same problem with my new pearl flip. no alert tones period. the only tone i hear is for an incoming call. i can hear the tones while im editing my profile. which is the loud profile, the one that is active, but no tone after im finished editing and saved changes. so far i tried different settings holstered and un-.. i also tried r&ring the battery. my wife also has this problem with her curve. anyone else? suggestions please
    02-12-09 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD