MKBHD is one of my favorite reviewers and I liked what he had to say generally and that he mentioned the Passport. I think it shows that as BlackBerry steps up its specs and software, as it has with the Passport, more mainstream reviewers will take notice. The next step will be putting these specs and software together with a form factor that can sell in much, much larger numbers. Perhaps the Visa/Victoria will be that solution.
    Tabdus and CarlosTavares like this.
    01-13-15 05:34 PM
    What's your definition of a "general consumer"? Am I not a general consumer? Coincidentally right now, my 5 yr old son is watching "Paw Patrol" on my Passport, which ironically he prefers over our iPads and iPods in our house. Tell me, is he not a general consumer?
    Again, even the reviewer acknowledged that his review was his personal opinion and therefore, implicitly, subjective. Based on IMHO he did not cover "most points" that applies to me and most people I know and associate with.
    I'm trying to understand where you're coming from but I feel like you are getting side tracked. The "productive" user is really just the branding behind BlackBerry is it not?
    They have recently decided to go back to this message as it clearly speaks to its most loyal consumers, but from my point of view I see this simply as a way to bring an identity to a brand that has attempted to speak to various market segments but failed to connect to any of them over the last 5 years.

I'll ask you one thing. If the so called power professional should be so concerned with being productive than why are they choosing to use IPhone and Android and not minding it?

The "productive" user is an idea and not something that differentiates phone users. Don't get me wrong, the hub is phenomenal and keeps me organized and is quick to reference but believe me, I'm a heck of a lot more productive when I personally choose do to things. Not because of the phone I use.

The general consumer is all of us my friend. My z10 kicks *** and works and bb10 makes sense to me, but I would be extremely happy if BlackBerry had the market share of android, and when I hear a guy like MKBHD mention us I know that things are better. This guy knows phones and as biased as you may think he is, watch his videos. He loves android but appreciates good technology.

Posted via CB10
    Tabdus likes this.
    01-13-15 07:42 PM
27 12