Hello!

Installed new last OS from RIM web page and after that im missing some icons.

- browser
    - application centre
    - SMS/MMS now just SMS

Storm was purchased from vodafone (ireland). Unblocked by operator. Now using other operators SIM.

Any advices how to get back icons?
    05-17-09 04:36 PM
    try and reinstall os
    05-17-09 04:41 PM
    Go into Desktop Manager, AppLoader, and check and see if those that are missing have a check mark next to them. If not, check them off and then click Next and go through that. It will add them to your phone. Re-installing the OS is not necessary. Also, don't forget to resend your service books...
    05-17-09 04:47 PM
    Guys, im not in usa, ireland or uk. I purchased my bb in ireland at vodafone. ot it unlocked by carrier and now im in latvia using Tele2 SIM card. Tryed to reinstall OS - didnt helped. Now doing step-by-step HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on AT&T w/Unlocked Storm 95xx . But i think i just fu*ked my bb. Because i dont know where to find that Service book.ipd file.

Maybe some advices from you will save me bb, please?

p.s. - that bb in ireland is like "lost" atm. friend trying to get a new one with insurance.
    05-17-09 05:02 PM
    I am not sure if they work the same, but you can try this:

options>advanced options>Host Routing Table>Menu button>register now

after doing so if it works, it should only take 10 minutes at most until you see the icons come back

hope this helps
    05-17-09 05:11 PM
    jburris020,

tryed that yesterday - did not helped.

my carrier dont have that phones in selling, so i dont even need to go and ask then to help me out with it. They dont know that phone.
    05-17-09 05:14 PM
    Okay, have you tried going into email settings and clicking the send service books hyper link?
    05-17-09 05:16 PM
    Okay, have you tried going into email settings and clicking the send service books hyper link?
    If his carrier doesn't support his device, they don't have all the necessary service books either. You'd need to do something similar to the full AT&T/T-Mobile unlock.
    05-17-09 05:18 PM
    If his carrier doesn't support his device, they don't have all the necessary service books either. You'd need to do something similar to the full AT&T/T-Mobile unlock.
    it was a long shot, I mean since it is the storm I know the program menu's and it was worth a try. I mean it would register with the BIS, and maybe not his wireless carrier... just a thought
    05-17-09 05:20 PM
    savioAMG,

where can i get that Service Book now? Im stucked at STEP #2. Now, Open Desktop Manager and go to Back up and Restore>Advanced. You will see the Storm's databases in the box on the right. Over the box on the left, select File>Open. Locate and Double click on the Service books .ipd file you downloaded and extracted earlier. They should now be in the left box. Single click to highlight them in the left box and hit the bottom of the two middle buttons to transfer them to the Storm. When that is done, return to the Main Menu, then close Desktop Manager.

To be honest, i dont know what to do now. I deleted that net_rim_bb_browser_daemon with Crack Util, bb rebooted and now im thinking where to get that service book to continue.

jburris020,

when im trying to press Email Setting - Im getting a message like "your device have problems connecting to server". That's all.

Ps - is there any place where i can download that Service Book?
    Last edited by Baldessarini; 05-17-09 at 05:26 PM.
    05-17-09 05:22 PM
    Wow, then I agree with savioAMG. I'm thinking the only option, if anything, would be to go through the desktop manager. I don't personally own a Storm so I haven't had a chance to utilize the software. Sorry I couldn't help more
    05-17-09 05:26 PM
    savioAMG,

where can i get that Service Book now? Im stucked at STEP #2. Now, Open Desktop Manager and go to Back up and Restore>Advanced. You will see the Storm's databases in the box on the right. Over the box on the left, select File>Open. Locate and Double click on the Service books .ipd file you downloaded and extracted earlier. They should now be in the left box. Single click to highlight them in the left box and hit the bottom of the two middle buttons to transfer them to the Storm. When that is done, return to the Main Menu, then close Desktop Manager.

To be honest, i dont know what to do now. I deleted that net_rim_bb_browser_daemon with Crack Util, bb rebooted and now im thinking where to get that service book to continue.

jburris020,

when im trying to press Email Setting - Im getting a message like "your device have problems connecting to server". That's all.
    You can download the service books from that thread you're viewing the instructions in. It's towards the bottom of the very first post.
    05-17-09 05:27 PM
    savioAMG,

you mean ATT_Service_Books.zip? you sure it will be ok for my bb here?

That's ATT (what is it?) will be ok?
    05-17-09 05:28 PM
    What do i need to choose in right window in Desktop Manager to get browser back?

to be honest i dont understand meaning of that "
    Now, Open Desktop Manager and go to Back up and Restore>Advanced. You will see the Storm's databases in the box on the right. Over the box on the left, select File>Open. Locate and Double click on the Service books .ipd file you downloaded and extracted earlier. They should now be in the left box. Single click to highlight them in the left box and hit the bottom of the two middle buttons to transfer them to the Storm. When that is done, return to the Main Menu, then close Desktop Manager."

Sorry, english not that good. Maybe you can describe me?

I cant find nothing except browser push option in Device database window.
    Last edited by Baldessarini; 05-17-09 at 05:34 PM.
    05-17-09 05:32 PM
    savioAMG,

you mean ATT_Service_Books.zip? you sure it will be ok for my bb here?

That's ATT (what is it?) will be ok?
    I don't think it will. That is for AT&T. I'm not sure where you can get the service books for your provider.
    05-17-09 05:35 PM
    I can tell you 100% sure that theres no service books for my carrier. Because latvia dont have blackberrys in sale.

What you think about all that i wrote above?
    05-17-09 05:38 PM
    I wonder if you wipe the handhelp (under sercurity options menu) if it will restore everything back to normal.. I know it would probably put the original os on it, but it may be worth a try... I don't wanna make the problem any worse of course
    05-17-09 05:38 PM
    I wonder if you wipe the handhelp (under sercurity options menu) if it will restore everything back to normal.. I know it would probably put the original os on it, but it may be worth a try... I don't wanna make the problem any worse of course
    That doesn't re-install the OS to OOTB condition. It just erases any and all info you have on the device (except Apps).
    05-17-09 05:40 PM
    but it also puts everything back to original like out of the box brand new. So it should basically make the phone as it was direct from the factory which would put all the service books back into the device.
    05-17-09 05:41 PM
    but it also puts everything back to original like out of the box brand new. So it should basically make the phone as it was direct from the factory which would put all the service books back into the device.
    Okay...
    05-17-09 05:43 PM
    Okay...
    I mean correct me if I'm wrong, I just wanna help him out lol.
    05-17-09 05:44 PM
    I mean correct me if I'm wrong, I just wanna help him out lol.
    A handheld wipe does not affect the OS. For example, if he deleted "Core Applications" and did a handheld wipe, those would not be added back. Same goes with service books. Those are sent by the carrier.
    05-17-09 05:45 PM
    Fair enough... then I am at a loss. But with the way my mind works I will think up a few more crazy ideas more than likely
    05-17-09 05:46 PM
    You mean Master Reset, guys? You think that will help? I can do it, but i just want to be sure, that it wont do any sh*t, because i have loads of it now.. Lost browser, mms, apps centre. Just did all like it was said in HowTo: Get all features (browser, mms) with downloaded service book in the bottom of first post. Did every thing same like it was said there - no result.
    05-17-09 05:46 PM
    If you end up doing a master reset you will lose anything and everything that you have put on your phone. Contacts and all, so if you decide to perform the reset make sure you have all of your information backed up.
    05-17-09 05:49 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD