I am using the Blackberry Curve (8300) with AT&T service. I am using the default AT&T theme as the active theme.

I was rearranging the icons on the Home screen and moved the Blackberry Web Browser icon. After the move it just disappeared! I do not know how to bring it back on my Home screen.

I have tried Menu - > Show All, but no luck. I do know that the application is on the device, because I have been able to assign it to one of the two programmable keys so I can launch it, and that seems to work fine (but it takes away my precious resource of a programmable key)

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
    07-28-07 01:23 PM
    Might be worth seding the Service Books to your BB again.

Try Options -->Advanced Options-->Host Routing Table-->click Register again.
    07-28-07 02:49 PM
    Also, is there an icon called web~play, or something like that? I think depending on the theme's that could make a difference too. Another thing, turn off the dial from home screen, and then from the main screen, press B. Does it take you to the Internet?
    07-28-07 03:36 PM
    Not sure what you mean by "turn off the dial from the the home screen". Could you please tell me how to do that?What is the difference between the Home Screen and Main Screen you are referring to?
    07-29-07 07:05 PM
    Home screen / main screen = same thing = the first screen you see when you power on your BlackBerry...

To turn off the dial from home / main screen, go to phone / menu / options / general options / dial from home screen = off. Once done from the main screen, a lot of shortcuts can be used. You get find them here.
    07-29-07 08:23 PM
    Thanks. Although I still cannot get the Browser icon to show on my Home screen, I am able to launch the Browser by pressing the "B" key. This is good enough for now.
    07-30-07 01:03 AM
    Within the list of applications, is the 'browser icon' even there? If yes, you should be able to move it to the one of the first 5 icons in the list, thus making it show on the main screen of the BlackBerry. Alternatively, do you see an icon called 'web n' walk'? That is also a browser...
    07-30-07 04:42 AM
    Hi,
    I had a similar issue...moved my calculator icon and now my alarm icon has disappeared. AT&T was clueless. Thx in advance for any help.
    08-10-07 09:02 PM
    From Main Menu>Settings>Options>Theme>Select the theme from which the icon disappeared>Menu (Key on left of Trackball)>Reset Theme Defaults?>Yes
    08-10-07 10:00 PM

Many thanks. Worked for me when my browser would not connect though the icon was showing.

FWIW my 7100 with Vodafone some years back needed the browser installed before the icon would show.
    09-06-07 08:00 AM
    From Main Menu>Settings>Options>Theme>Select the theme from which the icon disappeared>Menu (Key on left of Trackball)>Reset Theme Defaults?>Yes
    THANK YOU.... ....I have been trying to find my "lost" keyboard lock icon for 2 days now and have tried everything and this finally got it back...
    10-07-08 07:26 PM
    I can't get my browser icon to set up. I have tried to reset the theme defaults and to reregister from the host routing table. Still nothing. Any advice or suggestions? I also can't get my Blackberry to send or receive email.
    11-20-08 11:39 PM
    I can't get my browser icon to set up. I have tried to reset the theme defaults and to reregister from the host routing table. Still nothing. Any advice or suggestions? I also can't get my Blackberry to send or receive email.
    Maybe a dumb question, but do you have a data plan?

If you do log onto the AT&T BIS site and (A) set up your accounts
    and (B) resend your service boos
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-21-08 at 12:51 AM.
    11-21-08 12:49 AM
    I dunno, I would have said pull your battery first then try all the other 'battery of tests' afterwards.

Battery pull works everytime....
    11-21-08 01:49 AM
    I dunno, I would have said pull your battery first then try all the other 'battery of tests' afterwards.

Battery pull works everytime....
    There are some issues that no matter how many times you pull the battery will
    not be rectified. A battery pull will not turn on the radio, won't register the
    device to the network, will not resend service books, will not alter missing or
    incorrect settings, will not add data to a phone that does not have it .....
    My point, it does not work every time and certainly not for everything.
    11-21-08 02:03 AM
    search>find>problem solved!!!!
    Thanks that tip reset my calculator icon back onto the main page. Probably 5 mins after that of realigning fonts and icons and I was back up and running. Now what was that math problem I was trying to figure out?
    11-25-08 09:43 AM
    I thought I had tried everything to get my browser back. This finally worked!
    12-25-08 10:36 PM
    All you need to do it change the theme to a different them. Then Change back to the theme you enjoyed before!

Resolved issue for me!
    01-06-09 03:11 PM
    Thank you!!!! I have been lost without my amaze and now I got it back!!! I Love Crackberry and all the users.
    02-08-09 12:57 PM
    I deleted my Pandora icon and could not restore it- resetting theme worked great- thanks- Pandora support did not suggest this.
    Om
    06-07-09 05:10 PM
    How would I resend my service books to my blackberry? My web browser will not come up when I press B.. Tried resetting theme too. I've pressed links from inside my email. The browser kind of opens and displays the few bookmarks I do have in there right now but will not go to any website. When I click on a link from email the message I get is "Your device does not currently have Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device.

How does one go about doing this? My browser and everything has always worked. Only just had this disappearing icon happen when I upgraded to 4.5 last night. Many thanks if you can help me with this. My BB is definitely something I cannot do with out. Especially my browser.
    10-24-09 05:33 PM

AWESOME! That really works!!! Thank YOU!
    10-29-09 03:32 AM
    Hi all, here is what you need to do - go to options / advanced options / service books - show your keyboard - type 4?2? - you will get a message "Legasy SB Enabled" - then connect to desktop manager - go to restore - advanced - now open and load the att service books provided in the artical that did not work - move them over to to your phone and then send service books to get your mail back - FIXED! Now go to browser options, and you will see you can select Internet browser, Hot Spot browser, Blackberry browser ...... Your best choice is Internet Browser. Sometimes on reboot you have to do this again, but with all the memory in the 9550 you shuold not have to reboot very often, seems sometimes on reboot for some reason the service books are overwritten (I have not figured that out yet).

Good Luck ;o)
    12-06-09 08:00 AM
    im trying to type in the 4?2? does that work for tmobile too?
    12-29-09 12:09 PM
    hi folks...

I downloaded the Twitter application yesterday to my Bold-9700. Once downloaded, I couldn't find the twitter icon in any of the folder or on the menu page. I downloaded it few times and the icon is still missing. How do i retrieve it?? When I checked if the apps is downloaded, it is in the applications add-on but the icon is missing. Please advice. Thanks..
    02-14-10 01:05 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD