Does anyone else miss the trackwheel? I had the 6730 VZW model and miss the trackwheel even though the trackball and trackpad are pretty cool too. I kind of wish they would bring back a phone with it!

Thoughts?
    05-15-10 08:51 PM
    Good lord no!! Everything that has come after the trackwheel is infinitely better.
    Going back to that would be a horrible mistake on RIMs part.
    05-15-10 09:00 PM
    Good lord no!! Everything that has come after the trackwheel is infinitely better.
    Going back to that would be a horrible mistake on RIMs part.
    I don't think we have to worry about RIM or anybody else ever producing a new phone with a trackwheel.
    05-15-10 09:09 PM
    My dad still has an old relic of a blackberry with the trackwheel, and I don't think it scrolls anymore lol. The scrollwheel on my HTC 6800 was pretty bomb...but give me one today and I'd give you the side-eye (either the phone or the scrollwheel). 0_o

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 09:31 PM
    Miss the trackwheell? Nah, I don't even miss the trackball.
    05-15-10 10:11 PM
    If i'm not wrong, on some phones, the trackwheel is replaced with another touch-sensitive trackpad specifically made for vertical scrolling. This is useful especially when you are browsing or read lengthy documents on your phone and you don't want to highlight/scroll word by word all the way down.

More or less it's like a Page Up/Page Down button on a PC/laptop.
    05-15-10 10:32 PM
    what's a trackwheel?
    05-15-10 11:18 PM
    If i'm not wrong, on some phones, the trackwheel is replaced with another touch-sensitive trackpad specifically made for vertical scrolling. This is useful especially when you are browsing or read lengthy documents on your phone and you don't want to highlight/scroll word by word all the way down.

More or less it's like a Page Up/Page Down button on a PC/laptop.
    I haven't seen this much beyond the early BBs and the HTC 6800.
    05-16-10 02:02 AM
    The trackwheel bb was my first bb device. It wasn't bad. At least it didn't screw up as bad as my storm2 with surepress did. Of all of the bb phones that I've had, the 8800 was the most reliable. The ball wasn't as bad as the 9000 ball.
    05-16-10 05:45 AM
    I had the chance to sample the track wheel when I was waiting for a replacement Storm 2. I bought a 8707v of ebay for �20.
    After a few days I could really fly on it.
    Compared to the track ball and track pad you worried far less about it, the track ball was a nightmare, if I used it with a wet finger it would stop working for a while. The track pad is much better except in direct sunlight, it seems to confuse it.
    To answer your question, yes, I would like to see it again on a blackberry, possibly a rugged blackberry.

05-16-10 07:32 AM
    while I loved the 7100s and 8700s I had, I def dont miss the trackwheel. I believe one of the best features on the new Berries is the trackpad-very responsive and easy to navigate with
    05-16-10 10:00 AM
    I do not miss the track wheel or the track ball
    05-16-10 02:54 PM
    Nope! Probably wont miss the trackpad either when the slider phone comes out! lol
    05-16-10 02:57 PM
    Nope! Probably wont miss the trackpad either when the slider phone comes out! lol
    I thought that has a trackpad as well.

05-16-10 03:16 PM
    I came in post trackwheel, and really? I've played with one, but that one was a thumb-buster. I won't miss the trackball either, to be honest. I've played with trackpad BlackBerrys and adapted almost without thinking about it. I take keys to wipe and a trackpad to swipe, and I'd be totally satisfied.

05-16-10 03:37 PM
    Apart from feeling a lot more robust, one other advantage of the track wheel was that it actually had clicks so when you were navigating trough the menus or trough particularly small links, it would just jump from one to the next with no chance of a mistake.

05-16-10 06:17 PM
    Yeah. No. I think side to side scrolling is pretty important.

05-16-10 08:32 PM
    The trackwheel was 4 Blackberrys ago. Don't miss it.
    05-16-10 08:54 PM
    I know someone that still has a trackwheel bb, he gets made fun of.... a lot.
    05-17-10 08:49 AM
    Yeah. No. I think side to side scrolling is pretty important.

If you held alt in the track wheel would scroll side to side.

05-17-10 09:34 AM
    I had a 7290 and 8700 before my Bol. I wore the trackwheel out on the 7290 and the 8700 one was starting to fade. I could fly with the trackwheel. I used a co-worker's 8700 the other day and it felt very odd after using a trackball for over a year.
    05-17-10 12:17 PM
    Love the trackpad and don't miss the trackball at all. It's like going from shoelaces to velcro shoes trackpad kicks Ace
    05-17-10 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD