02-20-12 09:51 PM
53 123
    I love my 9930 and so glad I am back....
    02-20-12 09:33 AM
    For the most part the iphone 4S is a great phone. However there are several areas where the Blackberry knocks it out of the park. E-mail, texting, creating custom ringtones, and several other areas. I have spent the last hour trying to figure out how to create custom ringtones from purchased songs, and it still does not work, even after going through a mine field in Garage Band. Blackberry all I did was edit, and select song and they got a ring tone. My goodness why does Apple force people to buy their ring tones?

I have read about 5 web pages from Google searches and nothing seems to work so I have had enough, I give up trying to create a ring tone from my library on the iphone. Apple wants my money, they do not want me to create a ringtone.
    Go to iTunes, right click your song of choice, click "Get Info", go to the Options tab and then select your desired start and finish time for the ringtone, click OK, right click the song again and select "Create AAC Version" (it should now be the length you choose while still keeping the original file untouched), then right click the new file and go to "Show in Windows Explorer/Finder", then right click the file in Explorer or Finder (depending if you're Mac or PC) and change the file extension from "m4a" to "m4r". When you click the file it should now appear in the Tones category on iTunes instead of music, then you just click Sync.

It's a terrible process, but nonetheless that's how you do it.
    02-20-12 09:43 PM
    So what do u really miss about your bb? Seems to me u r defending that iPhone purchase pretty hard. I had an iPooh for a work phone. Disliked the non-integration of the apps with the PIM. Disliked that i had to have a specific cable for charging the dang thing.
    That's also my question. What exactly does the OP miss about his BB?
    02-20-12 09:51 PM
53 123