Because having a Blackberry exclusive really doesnt mean much in the grand scheme of things.
    i stand by my opinion that they want a larger piece of the profits, and that is what this delay is really about
    Yup greed by the US carriers. And really, there are only two you would be catering to. ATT and Verizon. Its not like BlackBerry can go to T-Mobile and Sprint first.
    01-31-13 10:17 AM
    Yup greed by the US carriers. And really, there are only two you would be catering to. ATT and Verizon. Its not like BlackBerry can go to T-Mobile and Sprint first.
    Why not? Cause they will stamp their feet and cry?
    01-31-13 10:34 AM
    I personally think BlackBerry should take a page out of Apple's book and let people order the BlackBerry Z10 directly from BlackBerry. Online shopping is the easiest way to gain customers. Overhead is low because you don't need to pay for a store or pay for employees to stand around all day at the store serving customers, instead you pay for a website (which they already have), and then you hire fulfillment employees that just package and ship the phones (which they already have and would probably just need to hire a few more employees).

That way, it would truly be a global launch because anyone could get it from BlackBerry.
    01-31-13 11:15 AM
    Why not? T-Mobile kinda got exclusivity on the Nexus 4.
    01-31-13 12:06 PM
    No feeling of entitlement here....

With so many USA bb users being upset...obvious there was a communication break down...and with Blackberry's **** being on the line, not AT&T or Verizon, yes htey had a responsibility not just to the USA but to shareholders etc. The March date would not be an issue had it been addressed properly...

And they did not say it sooner than at the launch event that it would be March before it was available anywhere but the UK, Canada, and UAE or whatever the 3rd country was...

That is not really a Global launch as 99% of the people understand it....

So please save the sactinmonious righteous crap for someone else...
    It would still be the same issue. It would only have changed WHEN you felt how you do now...

Look on the bright side - February is a really short month.
    01-31-13 12:24 PM
    Why not? Cause they will stamp their feet and cry?
    ATT and Verizon could make it next to impossible for BlackBerry to re-gain any traction in the US market. Sprint and TMobile not so much
    richardat likes this.
    01-31-13 01:14 PM
    Not sure either. I think end of March keeps coming up from the TMobile March 27th release date.
    I had the feeling people were just looking at the worst case scenario....which is fair ,if the announcement is only "March". RIM.... (I guess I should stop saying RIM....tough habit to break after all these years) obviously wanted to give themselves until the end of March so it's fair for people to make their judgment based on the end of March. You can't say "hey Boss, I'll have that report to you by Friday" and then when he complains Friday is too late, say "hey wait....I didn't say Friday....could be done before...."

It is an effective misleading tactic though....as Chief Engineer Scotty says: double your repair time estimate then look like a miracle-worker when you finish early ;-) It's always a good day if I can use a Star Trek reference.
    01-31-13 07:05 PM
32 12