The college I work for has changed email servers. We are still Microsoft Outlook 2010 but my email will not work now that I have upgraded my BB Torch 9810 to the latest software version. My IT guy at work says it must support Microsoft's ActiveSync protocol. I have searched these forums and google and basically am more confused than ever. It appears that it does then doesn't. Surely RIM cannot had a snafu like this. And NO I do not want to use Notify or whatever to sync my email when it should do it anyway. If this is not going to work I will be forced to go iPhone which I really don't want but I must have my office email available.

Help Please.
    04-30-12 05:49 PM
    Activesync is not supported on current BB smartphones. However my guess is that the IT geek is lying, and the server also supports IMAP or POP3 if he could be bothered to give you the configuration.
    04-30-12 06:22 PM
    No activesync. Like the previous said, there are other options but if your administrator doesn't provide it to you, then you are SOL. Your IT administrator controls all.

There are ways around it, maybe they have pop or IMAP like the previous person suggested, also OWA. You can always keep outlook open on a desktop, then set it up to copy over to another email address like gmail, and access gmail. Things like this. But probably against IT policy.

I also have an iphone. Works great with activesync. Pros and cons to both.
    04-30-12 07:29 PM
    Setup a Gmail account. Have it ActiveSych with your work and have you BB sych with the Gmail account. Make sure you setup the proper reply address for your work account on your BB. It is not a great choice but if your company won't run a proper mobile management strategy, you have to work around their amateur system.
    04-30-12 07:47 PM
    If your college has changed servers have you tried deleting and re-adding your account? As long as you can access your email from any webconnection via outlook Web access or an email program the BIS servers should be able to pick it up.
    05-01-12 01:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD