My new car comes with Sync and I have been able to get everything to work such as streaming Pandora, importing contacts, making calls etc, except to get it to read Text Messages to me. I am assuming these are only SMS as the BBM is probably encrypted or something.

I recently saw an episode of Fringe where the FBI agent (using a blackberry) had the messages read to her. Did Fringe lied to me or maybe this was on the other dimension... not sure
    05-10-11 04:51 PM
    If it is on TV it has to be the truth. I like being transported myself. And I have a direct connection into the National Shoe Data Base.
    05-10-11 08:43 PM
    In reality though, if you have an APP that reads the SMS, it should be able to be streamed through the SYNC.

Not sure if this will help, but worth looking into. DriveSafe.ly
    Last edited by MobileMadness002; 05-10-11 at 08:48 PM.
    05-10-11 08:44 PM
    If it is on TV it has to be the truth. I like being transported myself. And I have a direct connection into the National Shoe Data Base.
    National Shoe ? huh.. didn't get it

In reality though, if you have an APP that reads the SMS, it should be able to be streamed through the SYNC.

Not sure if this will help, but worth looking into. DriveSafe.ly
    I found a list of phones that are compatible with that feature http://www.nsapp.fordtechservice.dea...N_iop_1_30.pdf

but very few are which sucks.. I will look into an app like the one you mention and see if I can stream audio via bluetooth or something. thanks
    05-11-11 04:25 PM
    CSI Miami. They have a National Show Database with sneaker prints to help catch hardened criminals wearing Nikes.
    05-11-11 05:41 PM
    keeping on topic... i do not think the device can do it natively, however as mobilemadness suggested, there is likely a third party app that can complete this task for you...
    05-11-11 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD