How can I transfer my eMail addresses from MicroSoft Outlook to my Tour?
    09-04-09 01:46 PM
    Log into your carrier's BIS website and add an email address to your device. You will be offered the choice to import an address from your Outlook settings.
    09-04-09 04:26 PM
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager includes a Synchronize program that allows you to copy Outlook Contact, Calender, Notes and your To-Do list to your BlackBerry.

You can install it from the BlackBerry Tools CD or download it directly from BlackBerry support.
    09-04-09 04:27 PM
    I haven't used the BlackBerry Desktop Synchronizing program...as I was afraid that doing that might erase some of the phone numbers that I transfered from my previous phone. I have over 200 numbers I can't afford to loose.

Do you think I will loose any numbers by Synchronizing?
    09-04-09 04:42 PM
    I haven't used the BlackBerry Desktop Synchronizing program...as I was afraid that doing that might erase some of the phone numbers that I transfered from my previous phone. I have over 200 numbers I can't afford to loose.

Do you think I will loose any numbers by Synchronizing?
    The first step is to make a backup of your BlackBerry in it's current state.

Syncronize defaults to 2 Way. That will copy all of your BlackBerry Contacts to Outlook, and all of your Outlook Contacts to your BlackBerry. That may result in duplicates in both places, but no loss of data.

Use Outlook to review and purge the duplicated contact files. Use Advanced Restore to erase your BlackBerry contacts then repeat the syncronize to restore the merged set back to the BlackBerry.

In future, the 2 way sync will keep both up to date.
    09-04-09 05:04 PM
    Sounds like a plan. Thanks....
    09-04-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD