My company uses a Microsoft Exchange Server for all emails,contacts, and calenders. What app can I get to make this work with my blackberry tour. I have been trying AstraSync and it works good but I am not sure if there is something better. Can anyone help?

Gary

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 04:00 AM
    You could always buy BES
    01-05-10 04:11 AM
    You could either get BES if your company will allow it's installation or check with your IT department and see if they can allow you Outlook Web Access.

If you can get OWA then you can set up your Blackberry BIS to pick up your emails that way but that will only help with emails, not calendar and contacts.
    01-05-10 08:25 AM
    Does anyone now about this app called AstraSync? It only cost about $50 and it works with Microsoft Exchange.

01-10-10 02:58 AM
    Does anyone now about this app called AstraSync? It only cost about $50 and it works with Microsoft Exchange.

If you want to sync all aspects of the Exchange mailbox wirelessly and your company doesn't have BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server), then AstraSync is one of two things you can use to do this. There's another product out there similar to AstraSync (forget the name), but AS I think is the best solution right now... but it costs too much in my opinion.

Your only other option would be to use BIS to do your email (minus subfolder and email filing support) and then just sync your calendar/contacts via a USB cable and DM while in the office or on your laptop via VPN/Outlook connection to the office (if you've been given this ability by IT).
    01-10-10 01:10 PM
    Do a search for Funambol. It is not an automatic sync but you can schedule it to sync on a schedule. It will sync email, contacts, calendar and notes. I have been very happy with it. I don't get duplicates that a lot of the google apps do.
    01-10-10 02:33 PM
    how do you install it?
    01-18-10 02:48 AM
    if i use AstraSync to my company exchange server, shall i use VPN first?
    02-15-10 08:41 AM
    My company has OWA but for some reason I can't get it to go through on my BB
    02-17-10 11:36 PM
    NotifySync is much better and more integrated than AstraSync, but if you can hold out for another month or so, BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express will be released (for free) and should take care of your needs. In the meantime here's the support doc on how to set up your Exchange email with OWA.

How to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address with a BlackBerry Internet Service account
    02-18-10 12:29 AM
    BESX won't work if he does not get the necessary rights to the Exchange server.

OWA may not work if it is being published through ISA.
    02-18-10 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD