Hi, I'm new to this but I have a thought. Since Microsoft have bought LinkedIn to strengthen their position in the world of business.

Since they've done this and perhaps in the phone market they could squeeze out blackberry as they've theoretically got almost every aspect a business person could want.

So my question is because of blackberry's excellent security software could Microsoft buy it and absorb it to strengthen their overall security package?

Do you feel this could spell the end for blackberry as it did Nokia?
    06-13-16 02:56 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-16 02:59 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    I think you have summed up the position perfectly.
    gugomat and anon(5597702) like this.
    06-13-16 03:08 PM
    Microsoft already offers services that compete with what BlackBerry offers, I don't see the benefit for Microsoft to be honest.
    06-13-16 03:19 PM
    Wish BlackBerry could buy Microsoft! Seriously, dont think Microsoft wants Blackberry! JC is doing a fine job all on his own to take it down

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    06-13-16 03:24 PM
    That they do but if blackberry is one of their strongest competitors and with the government contracts blackberry have it could be lucrative for them.
    06-13-16 03:34 PM
    If JC is taking it down sure Microsoft wouldn't mind picking up the pieces
    06-13-16 03:36 PM
    That they do but if blackberry is one of their strongest competitors
    In 2016?
    06-13-16 03:37 PM
    Microsoft could've bought BB years ago. Why would they bother now?
    06-13-16 03:51 PM
    In 2016?
    Ever?

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    06-13-16 03:54 PM
    Ever?

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    In the mid-2000s maybe, against the old Windows Phones of lore.
    06-13-16 04:04 PM
    MS is giving up on the mobile OS and hardware. Their focus is on getting MS services and apps adopted on iOS and Android.

MS has already had to write off the entire Nokia purchase and over a billion dollars in tablets. They have had to pay a lot in severance to the mobile team. MS will let Windows phones go quietly in night. One day they just won't exist.
    06-13-16 04:20 PM
    MS is giving up on the mobile OS and hardware. Their focus is on getting MS services and apps adopted on iOS and Android.

MS has already had to write off the entire Nokia purchase and over a billion dollars in tablets. They have had to pay a lot in severance to the mobile team. MS will let Windows phones go quietly in night. One day they just won't exist.
    Need to set up in Shrewsbury, that would solve their problems.
    06-13-16 04:33 PM
    Priv will be my last BlackBerry if Microsoft buys BlackBerry.

Posted via my Priv
    gugomat likes this.
    06-13-16 06:25 PM
    The real question is why hasn't John Chen put QNX up for sale? If QNX has such great auto technology and market presence, it should be worth a couple billion:

Recruiters liken the hiring frenzy to the dot.com boom.

“It’s sort of like the 1990s all over again, but now it is car engineers,” said Valerie Frederickson, chief executive of Silicon Valley-based human resources adviser Frederickson Pribula Li. Engineers with automotive know-how are seeing lucrative offers from companies they may have never heard of.

“The good ones, if they put themselves on the market, can get multiple offers,” she said. Signing bonuses of between $5,000 and $20,000, retention bonuses and tuition repayment aren’t uncommon. Software engineers working in the technology sector on average earn nearly $25,000 more a year than those in automotive, not including equity, according to career website Glassdoor.com.

Tesla and several auto suppliers have lost hundreds of employees to Google and Apple. One Tesla executive said its employees are being offered two to three times their current salary to decamp for rivals.

Startups with hiring ambitions mirroring Faraday Future’s and with financial backing from Chinese investors—including Los Angeles-based Karma Automotive and Atieva Inc.—are trying to fill hundreds of automotive jobs, they said. Mapping, computer vision and embedded software are sought-after capabilities, according to their recruitment ads.
    Detroit Battles for the Soul of Self-Driving Machines - WSJ
    06-13-16 07:17 PM

They may just absorb blackberry for their security capability and let the phone part go with Windows or combine both of their market shares and become the main option for businesses
    06-14-16 03:51 AM
    The real question is why hasn't John Chen put QNX up for sale? If QNX has such great auto technology and market presence, it should be worth a couple billion:

Detroit Battles for the Soul of Self-Driving Machines - WSJ
    I think QNX on its own wouldn't entice many people as it would be cheaper just to rent the software than to maintain if unless someone like yahoo wants to develop something or Amazon wants to use it
    06-14-16 04:03 AM
    Hi, I'm new to this but I have a thought. Since Microsoft have bought LinkedIn to strengthen their position in the world of business.

Since they've done this and perhaps in the phone market they could squeeze out blackberry as they've theoretically got almost every aspect a business person could want.

So my question is because of blackberry's excellent security software could Microsoft buy it and absorb it to strengthen their overall security package?

Microsoft buying BlackBerry will be a good plan for them. Buying Nokia instead of BlackBerry was their biggest mistake.

BlackBerry has a lot to offer and Microsoft has the money to make it work.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    gugomat likes this.
    06-14-16 05:41 AM
    Microsoft buying BlackBerry will be a good plan for them. Buying Nokia instead of BlackBerry was their biggest mistake.

BlackBerry has a lot to offer and Microsoft has the money to make it work.

BlackBerry BB10 forever

No they don't. Microsoft's cloud services destroy anything that BB offers. And that is where MS is heading and the majority of the world is heading.

As for handsets, MS has committed to offer there one iphone like device a year with the surface line and prays OEMs follow there lead. right now it is working with 2 in 1 laptops won't know till next year if they can pull the same thing off with phones.
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    06-14-16 07:38 AM
    If Microsoft buying BlackBerry, they are next Nokia. This transaction are posibile only jc want to make BlackBerry invizibile
    gugomat likes this.
    06-14-16 08:04 AM
    Microsoft blew a few billion dollars buying up Nokia, making a mess of its mobile division, then shutting the whole thing down and laying off tens of thousands of people. Now Windows Mobile 10 is on its last legs as Microsoft focuses on other mobile platforms and its own tablets. I don't think they have the appetite for another pointless acquisition for a miniscule foothold in a market they've effectively conceded to Android and iOS.
    06-14-16 08:39 AM

Jesus! Not this crap again!
    06-14-16 12:03 PM
    Blackberry could not be less similar to LinkedIn. This will have absolutely no impact on the likeliness of a BBRY bid.

I don't think they have the appetite for another pointless acquisition for a miniscule foothold in a market they've effectively conceded to Android and iOS.
    Even if Microsoft were interested in another mobile campaign, BBRY isn't the company that would help much.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-14-16 03:47 PM
    I don't think so. Apple could have bought Blackberry a couple years ago for a song and incorporated all that BBM technology and patents into i-message but they never bothered. I remember all the talk over this, and speculation. I think it might have been good for Apple to do it, but who knows what would have become to Blackberry as the outcome.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-15-16 04:08 AM
    Probably the only thing Microsoft could possibly want is BlackBerry patent troves and one of the more prominent ones being the one on design of Ellyptic Curve Cryptography (ECC), which BlackBerry itself gained through purchase of Certicom. Other than that BlackBerry has no value add to Microsoft's existing business.
    06-15-16 12:21 PM
31 12