So I was just reading some stock info, I happend to stumble across somthing interesting, RIMS stock have droped alot and right now they are at 60 dollars a share as apposed to 160 which they were at the begining of the year. Apparently the discussion is that microsoft could possibly buy out RIM if the stocks fall to 40 dollars a share ....... Well I might be reading to far into it but If anyone has other input please let me know.
    10-09-08 04:32 PM
    where are these discussions at?
    10-09-08 04:46 PM
    I highly doubt it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 04:52 PM
    It wont let me add a url but its there and its sayin its possible but not a def just wanted some thaught thats all.
    10-09-08 04:57 PM
    That always seems to come up. This wouldn't be the first time it's been rumoured that Redmond was looking to buy Waterloo. It won't happen.
    10-09-08 04:59 PM
    It wont let me add a url but its there and its sayin its possible but not a def just wanted some thaught thats all.
    So type the main website.. I'll look for it.

Unless these discussions you are referring to are you and your buddies at lunch talking about the probability of it.

10-09-08 05:03 PM
    The website is reuters
    10-09-08 05:06 PM
    The website is reuters
    My apologies for being rude. Here's the link.

http://www.reuters.com/article/hotSt...4988H620081009
    10-09-08 05:20 PM
    Its fine as long as I wasnt seeing things lol
    10-09-08 05:22 PM
    Interesting!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 05:23 PM
    You know it's possible. The stock of RIM, along with just about every stock out there right now, is taking a big hit. With the global lauch of the Storm phone, RIM had to spend a lot of capital in trying to market the product - and of course the development of it as well. Hopefully the ROI of the 9500 series will give enough cash flow for RIM to stay in the game here. The unfortunate thing is that Microsoft has a TON of liquidity, over $30 Billion, that could easily be invested into a majority share of RIM. Even IF this did happen, I surely doubt that Microsoft would touch the managerial structure of the company (seeing that their Blackberry line has single-handedly dominated the smartphone market). Microsoft did the same with their purchase of Bungie (the Halo game programmers). They bought them out and didn't touch their methods. So I'm not worried, if anything Blackberry might, with Microsoft's help, become the global PHONE leader, not just smartphone.

~DJ
    10-09-08 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD