I was connected to my laptop, and had just added files to my microsd (music and pics) so I then disconnected. Afterwards, BB doesn't even recognize that a microsd is plugged in.. computer won't recognize mass storage, etcc.

Help me guys! I had my English essay and my Physics scanned notes on there :/
    04-11-09 11:50 PM
    Did you make sure to use the safely remove hardware option before disconnecting? I noticed this happened to me once when I forgot to use that option and what happens is both the device and computer think it is still connected and running. That is why the media card isn't being recognized and when you connect it back to the computer, there isn't a prompt. Try doing a restart of the device and the computer and it should fix the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 12:12 AM
    Definitely always use Safe Remove before disconnecting. I have found that (sometimes) not doing Safe Remove procedures, the BB thinks there is something wrong with the SD card an disables access.

You'll want to reconnect your BB to your computer and run CheckDisk on the SD card. It shouldn't find anything wrong, but this will reset access to the card.

Make sure to safely remove afterwards...
    04-12-09 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD