Recently came across this and wanted to share it with everyone as I know a lot of people (myself included) have been wondering what size microSD card they can use in their BB device. Well this should be able to clear that up for everyone

A microSD media card is a removable flash memory data storage device. When inserted into a BlackBerry smartphone, a microSD media card can expand the memory available for storing files such as videos, ring tones, pictures, and songs. The media card is sold separately from the BlackBerry smartphone.

The following table lists the BlackBerry Device Software versions and the media card sizes they support.

BlackBerry Device Software version Media card size limit
    BlackBerry Device Software version 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software version 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software version 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software version 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software version 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software version 4.5.0.81 Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software version 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB

Found at KB05461-MicroSD media card sizes supported by BlackBerry Device Software versions
    09-28-10 09:54 AM
    Good Post, but a simple search of the forums would have rendered the same results

I searched Microsd support

A search for microSD would have revealed several articles on microSD and micro SDHC Media Cards.

Here are the capacities supported by the various OSs.

* BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2GB microSD
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4GB microSDHC
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4GB microSDHC
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8GB microSDHC
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8GB microSDHC
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 Up to 32GB microSDHC - rumored for the Bold et al
    * Verizon 4.2.2.196 OS supports up to 8GB source JeffH - thanks
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/4-8...support-54856/
    09-28-10 09:57 AM
    I actually did perform a search here, quite a few times. The only results I ever received were numerous posts of people wondering the same thing as myself, what the limits were. So I guess you just had better luck than I did.
    09-28-10 10:01 AM
    I actually did perform a search here, quite a few times. The only results I ever received were numerous posts of people wondering the same thing as myself, what the limits were. So I guess you just had better luck than I did.
    Make sure you always do an advanced search and search forums only.
    That was in the second post I looked in, and took me around 10 seconds to find.

maybe try using different keyword strings to find greater results.
    09-28-10 10:05 AM
    Well maybe now that its on here twice it will be easier for others to find
    09-28-10 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD