After putting new music on the microSD card, I will then reboot the phone. However, a lot of times, the music I have previously deleted off there will show up. Now, it won't play the music but the title/artist shows up on the music media player home. When clicking on it, it says "This playlist contains no valid songs."

Is there anyway to get it where this list of deleted files doesn't show up?
    05-13-10 08:41 AM
    sounds like the playlists are still in there.
    05-13-10 10:23 AM
    u should put the card to computer to check it. I think u should copy it again to SD card
    05-13-10 10:44 AM
    Are you doing a battery pull or just the three finger soft boot? Battery pull should clear it up. Have experienced the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 11:15 AM
    sounds like the playlists are still in there.
    I would say the same thing. However, when trying to play the songs it says there are no songs for that playlist. And when I hook it up via USB to the computer, the songs do not show up.
    05-13-10 11:11 PM
    Are you doing a battery pull or just the three finger soft boot? Battery pull should clear it up. Have experienced the same.

Both. It finally on the 3rd battery pull went back to normal.
    05-13-10 11:11 PM
    I would say the same thing. However, when trying to play the songs it says there are no songs for that playlist. And when I hook it up via USB to the computer, the songs do not show up.
    That's because the playlist iirc is a file that references the other songs. so whe you go to the playlist it will display all of the songs in the playlist, even if they don't exist.
    I know this because in Windows Media Player I had my videos organized in playlists which got synced to the blackberry. when i view the playlists it shows the video's information just like a song, but actually trying to play one causes an error.
    05-13-10 11:23 PM
    That's because the playlist iirc is a file that references the other songs. so whe you go to the playlist it will display all of the songs in the playlist, even if they don't exist.
    I know this because in Windows Media Player I had my videos organized in playlists which got synced to the blackberry. when i view the playlists it shows the video's information just like a song, but actually trying to play one causes an error.
    Is there anyway to remove them completely so this doesn't happen?
    05-13-10 11:27 PM
    they should be in a "playlist" folder in the blackberry folder in the media card.
    05-13-10 11:38 PM
    I stopped having this issue by going to Menu/Options/Memory and highlight Media Card total space, hit menu and select repair. It won't delete any real existing media but it removed the ghosts. And it will rescan or reindex the media card the first time you go there after the repair so don't be concerned if its slow the first time.

05-14-10 08:11 AM
    I get something similar here and I found a workaround.

Options > Memory > Menu > Remove Card > Menu > Insert Card

Ghost files show up everynow and then but that does the trick. No boot/battery pull required.

(repair card, sometimes, does not cut in).
    05-14-10 09:46 AM
    After deleting, you have to empty the recycle bin (Trash on a Mac) to fully delete the files.

You could also delete the bbthumbs.dat file off the card, whilst plugged into the PC.
    05-15-10 07:33 PM
    After deleting, you have to empty the recycle bin (Trash on a Mac) to fully delete the files.

You could also delete the bbthumbs.dat file off the card, whilst plugged into the PC.
    When I have it plugged in, where do I find the .dat files?
    05-15-10 07:49 PM
    It should be listed on the SD card. Access the card via the PC, not the berry. Delete via the PC, then empty the recycle bin.
    05-15-10 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD