Hi there, I have a BlackBerry Pearl 8110 OS 4.5, currently with 2 GB SanDisk MicroSD card - no issues. Yesterday I bought an Kingston 8 GB microSD (at Fry's not over the web) card. Copying the images over to the 8 GB card was slightly painful in that it took a long time as well it didn't copy my folders over. The device recognizes the media card and the images are on the card but no subdirectories.

I've tried to reformat the card but have been unable to do so - as far as I know the device can support it.

First I'd like to reformat the card, how do I do that? When I use the adapter the card came with, the card shows up as SD/MMC but I can't seem to format it. Any thoughts on how to wipe this thing out?
    02-25-09 11:44 AM
    hey nomad-i have an 8gig for my curve and ive never formatted it-just put in my bb & started using it. I dont think you really need to format it-but as for the info on the card, i would say if your able the content while inserted in ur bb, it may be a process, but i would go with that.....hopefully someone else may have better input for you. sorry couldnt be more help-good luck
    02-25-09 12:21 PM
    U can use a card reader and plug it into your pc to reformat
    If not u can go to Options, Memory and press the menu button
    It should give u the option to reformat
    Remember to backup first

Regarding the folders, I'm not too sure myself

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 12:27 PM
    U can use a card reader and plug it into your pc to reformat
    If not u can go to Options, Memory and press the menu button
    It should give u the option to reformat
    Remember to backup first

Regarding the folders, I'm not too sure myself

Actually to format within the phone you go to options>media card>menu button>format

Just a simple typo on this part but I wanted to clear any confusion.
    02-25-09 12:30 PM
    Ah thanks!
    Coz on my bold, it shows up as the "memory" option

02-25-09 12:38 PM
    Okay so check this out, I also use Adobe tools on my laptop, when I put the card back in the Adapter and put it back into the card reader on my laptop, Adobe Photo Downloader kicked in and recognized the adapter as another drive. I was able to wipe out the card just by simple select-all, delete and then drag and drop the contents from my 2 GB card subdirectories and all onto the 8 GB card and back into the Pearl.

A big thank you to everyone
    02-25-09 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD