Hello everyone..I just purchased a 32gb micro sdhc card for my blackberry bold 9700, but I can't seem to load my videos on there and get them to play on my phone..and my songs all play different music than what's labled, ie..if I click on a Michael Jackson song, it will play a Jay Z song...please help!!! I thought this phone is supposed to be able to hold up to 32 gb, and my current micro sdhc is a 16gb and I had no problems with it.
    07-23-10 06:06 PM
    From what I have read it needs to be the correct classification value. If I remember correctly it should be a class 2. But don't take my memories word for it. Someone else will know the details.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-10 06:32 PM
    Class 6 above would be better. Class 2 would be really slow on a berry.

Did you load the files via Desktop Manager or just transferred through via USB and then plugged in? Its best if you used the former way, if you used the latter there may be problems that the device is unable to recognise the FAT table.
    07-23-10 07:14 PM
    How did you sync your media over to the 9700?
    What OS is your 9700 Running?

I would try formatting the Card in the 9700 first, then retransfering your files,

Classification of the Card doesn't matter, there is no proof that the BB utilizes faster classifications of SD cards
    07-23-10 07:22 PM
    I always thought faster classification was for faster processors ie: pentium?

07-23-10 07:35 PM
    I always thought faster classification was for faster processors ie: pentium?

The Classifications of SD Cards is based on the Read/Write Speeds

Basically the Class number is how many MB/s the Card can perform at.

Class 2 = 16 Mbit/s (2 MB/s)
    Class 4 = 32 Mbit/s (4 MB/s)
    Class 6 = 48 Mbit/s (6 MB/s)
    Class 10 = 80 Mbit/s (10 MB/s)
    07-23-10 07:52 PM
    Here's a quote from a previous post by: Bergerking. Reply] [!!]

BlackBerry is optimized to utilize Class 2 speeds. It can use the faster cards, but can only up/download information onto the media card as designed. The Class 4 and beyond comes into play when direct-loading the cards from a computer, where faster data transfer is available.
    Edit: guess my memory is still intact!
    07-23-10 08:03 PM
    Format the SD going Options > Memory > Menu > Format media/memory card.

When you're done, plug it to the pc, enable Mass Storage and run Media Sync. Have it sync your music to the card.

After that, run Media Manager. Could be a good idea doing this before going to bed... Click Share/Divide view (top left) and it will show both your PC's folders and the device's. Find your videos and move them to the SD's /blackberry/videos, select convert. Go to bed. Takes a long time.

After that your videos should all play.

Good luckand welcome to the forums.
    07-23-10 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD