If anyone is affected, it would be Sprint. But that's a big MAYBE.

MetroPCS has been around in Cali for about a year and a half now. My understanding is that their service isn't too great.

Funny thing happened once. A friend of mine who uses MetroPCS got a flat tire on the freeway. For those of you familiar with the OC area, it happened where the 5 and 55 meet. He tried to call someone for help. NO SERVICE.
    Ouch, now, that would definitely bite. Geez.
    03-11-09 08:20 PM
    If anyone is affected, it would be Sprint. But that's a big MAYBE.

MetroPCS has been around in Cali for about a year and a half now. My understanding is that their service isn't too great.

Funny thing happened once. A friend of mine who uses MetroPCS got a flat tire on the freeway. For those of you familiar with the OC area, it happened where the 5 and 55 meet. He tried to call someone for help. NO SERVICE.
    Yep. I remember when they first landed in Detroit. Everybody thought they were a godsend, till they actually NEEDED their phone to work. "Unlimited" means nothing if the phone doesn't work. For the sake of keeping it real, I'll say I wouldn't have a Metro PCS Blackberry, or any phone for that matter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 08:30 PM
    Yep. I remember when they first landed in Detroit. Everybody thought they were a godsend, till they actually NEEDED their phone to work. "Unlimited" means nothing if the phone doesn't work. For the sake of keeping it real, I'll say I wouldn't have a Metro PCS Blackberry, or any phone for that matter.

Yeah, that is where phones like that get you. It has the appearance of being a sweet little number; however, once you get it out in the field, you find out the real deal with the device. That is never a good thing.
    03-11-09 08:37 PM
    I think its a good move but the price is ridiculous. Metro POS, as I like to refer to it, has pretty bad reception even here in Miami. But at least now the clients would get a good smartphone

03-11-09 08:44 PM
    Yeah, that is where phones like that get you. It has the appearance of being a sweet little number; however, once you get it out in the field, you find out the real deal with the device. That is never a good thing.
    Plus, I don't think you can even try to evaluate the cost difference, without making a serious mental note that a Blackberry data plan, on a major carrier like Verizon or ATT, probably isn't going to be the same as a supposed "equivalent" on the Metro PCS network.

Mental anguish is expensive. When "roaming" means leaving your kitchen to go to the supermarket, there's a problem.
    03-11-09 08:54 PM
    Plus, I don't think you can even try to evaluate the cost difference, without making a serious mental note that a Blackberry data plan, on a major carrier like Verizon or ATT, probably isn't going to be the same as a supposed "equivalent" on the Metro PCS network.

Mental anguish is expensive.
    Quite expensive and unwanted at that.
    03-11-09 08:56 PM
    Hard to say till you try it. I had metro pcs for about a year, it worked pretty good but not anything that i would brag about worked 80% of the time when i had it. And if i left detroit i would be screwed. I am use to having verizon and having killer service + my wife would kill me if we didnt have verizon to verizon. i will consider down the road.
    03-11-09 08:59 PM
    service is terrible and so is the phone price....great phones but for what...no signal...who would pay for that and not be able to use their BB, especially in emergency..yikes Metro
    03-11-09 09:10 PM
    Yeah, I had metro pcs before I went to verizon. Let me tell you,I had they service so I can save money in the long run. They service suck, the phone didn't work in my home. I would never get a BB on metro pcs service. I don't think metro pcs BB curve will be a reliable device. If they dropping calls left and right, how ppl gonna receive there email on time.

03-12-09 04:43 AM
    is blackberry messenger will be included in the metro pcs plan ???
    03-19-09 08:17 AM
    a friend called it GetroPCS
    03-19-09 08:28 AM
    Wow Metro PCS use to be the biggest fade in high school where you paid 40 for unlimited everything. I remember the service was only in one state and for any reason the call would drop. Its funny that there still standing strong how is there service now?

wow.. back in HS... sweetie, how old are you, lol.... they only had it my senior year or so... which makes it about 3 years ago.
    03-19-09 08:29 AM
    wow.. back in HS... sweetie, how old are you, lol.... they only had it my senior year or so... which makes it about 3 years ago.
    lol out here in Miami, they started when I was a freshman in high school. I'm 22 by the way. But I think they started in Miami. I've never had them and good thing I didn't
    03-19-09 08:47 AM
    Metro is the worst cell phone provider EVER! I am very content paying 40 bucks more for better coverage, better customer service & better phones in general!

I used to have them up until I made the switch to verizon...the ONLY good thing about them is NO contract so when I dropped them I just dropped them like a bad habit.

They have the WORST customer service which to me just pushed me away from them. Also Unlimited everything is no good when you actually NEED your phone! It is really sad how in the state you live in you have service in one place and then you go about 20 miles away and you have no service.

I personally would NOT recommend MetroPCS to anybody!! I know I sure as heck do not miss them!
    03-19-09 08:57 AM
    Metro is the worst cell phone provider EVER! I am very content paying 40 bucks more for better coverage, better customer service & better phones in general!

I used to have them up until I made the switch to Verizon...the ONLY good thing about them is NO contract so when I dropped them I just dropped them like a bad habit.

They have the WORST customer service which to me just pushed me away from them. Also Unlimited everything is no good when you actually NEED your phone! It is really sad how in the state you live in you have service in one place and then you go about 20 miles away and you have no service.

I personally would NOT recommend MetroPCS to anybody!! I know I sure as heck do not miss them!

that, unfortunately is in the eye of the beholder. i cant stand there CSR's and their TSR's. i have problems with both phone and store ones.

put it this way - i was having trouble with more than a few phones (see - i am now on my 7th or 8th phone) and had one rep try to have me update to a software that wasn't out - and from what i have been told - will not be released to vzw.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 03-19-09 at 09:12 AM.
    03-19-09 09:09 AM
    I had metro for about 2 yrs, I had no real problem with them. Calls would drop but that didn't bother me much. I'm with Sprint now and never get a dropped call. I don't think metro can pull this off though. At first I thought it was cool that they were stepping their game up. But I doubt their signal would have anything on Sprints excellent service.

03-19-09 09:12 AM
    lol out here in Miami, they started when I was a freshman in high school. I'm 22 by the way. But I think they started in Miami. I've never had them and good thing I didn't
    i stand corrected then - and u r older than myself lol..

did they come out with the 40 unl at first? or was it a while before they started that?
    03-19-09 09:13 AM
    i stand corrected then - and u r older than myself lol..

did they come out with the 40 unl at first? or was it a while before they started that?

What is the 40 unl? Not sure what that is man
    03-19-09 09:42 AM
    What is the 40 unl? Not sure what that is man
    unlimited.
    03-19-09 09:44 AM
    unlimited.
    Oh lol I knew that. Yea they've always that plan. The service has always sucked though. We call it the reffy plan here in Miami for those people right off the boat that land here.
    03-19-09 09:46 AM
    unlimited.
    Donka, Mister - cb is running slow on getting the emails out
    03-19-09 09:48 AM
    Donka, Mister - cb is running slow on getting the emails out
    Just realized that you were a female and I called you man lol. Sorry about that
    03-19-09 09:51 AM
    Just realized that you were a female and I called you man lol. Sorry about that
    lol. no worries.... could be a lot worse - just ask AG!!!

[ooo bad chelsey. *slap*]
    03-19-09 10:04 AM
    Oh lol I knew that. Yea they've always that plan. The service has always sucked though. We call it the reffy plan here in Miami for those people right off the boat that land here.
    lol..

i am sooo NOT going to comment on THAT one
    03-19-09 10:08 AM
    $50 unlimited voice/text/BIS?!?!?!?

that's way to expensive for me...

for $30 a month i get:

2000mins
    Unlimited M2M
    Unlimited N&W
    Unlimited Text
    Unlimited MMS
    Unlimited BIS
    and AT&T Nav for $3.50

i'm also from Miami.... Metro PCS has been around since late 2001... first couple of years they were just horrible... as the years past they have vastly improved there network here... call quality can easily compete with T-Mobile or Sprint....

but like Slick305 said.... we call it the "refey" plan.. because most of the people that have Metro are fresh-off-the-boat Cubans who spend 99.9% of there time right here in Miami...

with the economy the way it is... and considering that English is the 2nd language here.... i can see this having a big impact in Miami..
    03-19-09 11:09 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD