Hey guys,
    i have a question about messenger. I have a 8520 and i'm wih at&t. My question is as follows:
    i know messenger works through the internet so it doesnt matter what provider you have, but my parents live in South Africa and they also have a BB with messenger, but we can not add each other. My dad tried to download the newest messenger,but couldn't ,it said South Africa isn't on the list od countries. Any ideas why?
    08-24-10 09:49 AM
    I'm assuming that they do have the BIS data plan correct?
    08-24-10 09:56 AM
    they have an internet plan yes.
    08-24-10 12:11 PM
    Well there's a difference between a standard smartphone internet plan, and the BIS data plan. Do they recieve their e-mails on the handset thru the BB service? Are they able to download applications from the App World?

The reason that I ask is that even with a data plan, you can do some light web browsing and stuff on the BB, but you don't have access to the services that use the BB network, like BBM... that's why I ask. They have to have a data plan that is provisioned for BB.
    08-24-10 01:41 PM
    Hey guys,
    i have a question about messenger. I have a 8520 and i'm wih at&t. My question is as follows:
    i know messenger works through the internet so it doesnt matter what provider you have, but my parents live in South Africa and they also have a BB with messenger, but we can not add each other. My dad tried to download the newest messenger,but couldn't ,it said South Africa isn't on the list od countries. Any ideas why?
    Hey Nelis, I am from South-Africa, a standard internet plan won't work, they need to activate the BIS service, its only R60 a month. Standard data plan does not work.( Example My meg)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 02:35 PM
    thanks a lot guys, i really appreciate the replies. Not sure what data plan they have now, will call them soon to find out. Jpoux13, will ask them if they want to get that, it will be great though if they can get it.
    08-25-10 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD