Im using a Bold 9700! For the last thee days there is one of my contacts chats where the D = delivered does not change to R = read. All chats to other contacts work 100% accep this one contact.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    10-31-10 01:46 AM
    Im using a Bold 9700! For the last thee days there is one of my contacts chats where the D = delivered does not change to R = read. All chats to other contacts work 100% accep this one contact.

I guess I'll ask the most obvious question and get it out of the way: is this occurring during a chat/are you sure this one contact is actually reading the messages?
    10-31-10 07:33 AM
    Has the individual actually read the messages? Are the messages more than a couple simple words (AKA some more than what can simply be previewed)?
    10-31-10 07:34 AM
    We may need to get this question out of the way, also: are you sure you are not sending them text messages instead of PIN/BBM messages?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 09:05 AM

I have had this problem occasionally on some of the beta versions of BBM, where it was obvious the person had read my message (because they were responding to me) but the D would not change to an R. This problem has not happened to me on the newest AppWorld version (.41 I believe?) I would download the latest version from BlackBerry appworld and give it a shot.
    10-31-10 09:17 AM
    Thanks all. We were sitting next to each other to test it and definetly stay on D after he have read and replied on my chat. We were using messenger not sms.

Thanks mechanic joe I will give it a shot. Keep you all posted.
    11-01-10 02:59 AM
    Fwiw, the app world version at least used to be a bigger file than you get from www.blackberry.com/messenger due to multiple language support. If you don't need that, id suggest using the version available at the link I provided.
    11-01-10 04:58 AM
    Nothing works! What else? I have now deleted the application and reinstalled as per sandman 454 suggest. I have deleted the contact and add him again. I haven deleted the contact on the phonebook. Nothing works! Isnt there a setting somewhere that I can check?
    11-01-10 08:32 AM
    Could the problem be on his end?
    11-02-10 02:52 PM
    i sometimes have the same problem....but i know he read it because he responded to it.
    11-02-10 11:26 PM
    I have that issue with the contacts I have now. I also have the issue of I can't even add people any more. Just says it's pending all the time.
    11-03-10 10:42 AM
    I have that issue with the contacts I have now. I also have the issue of I can't even add people any more. Just says it's pending all the time.
    Ever since I updated to the latest official .41 BBM I've had sort of the same
    issue too. Also including still having a contact show, then we I message them
    it gives me the prompt to "re-invite." This has kept happening with four of my
    contacts. I've made sure that at least 3 of them updated to the latest official
    and I haven't had the problem with those three since. The fourth just hasn't
    updated yet so the problem continues.
    11-03-10 12:15 PM
    your friend does not love you anymore. delete them .
    11-08-10 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD