Every once and a while, my BB Messenger just deletes all conversations. Is there any way to retrieve them from the service provider or RIM? This is really important.
    11-14-08 07:14 AM
    Why not ask the person you were messaging to email you the conversation?
    11-14-08 09:08 AM
    It is from a few months ago. I don't think they have it any more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 09:50 AM
    I don't believe BB messenger conversations are recorded by RIM. I have heard a rumour that if your on BES they are though. I can't confirm that.
    11-15-08 10:25 AM
    No I don't believe there is a way to get them back.
    11-15-08 11:15 AM
    I flew from NYC to SF and all my BB Messenger conversations would just keep deleting itself. I chat with 1 or 2 people. Close down the app, go to another app, go back to BB Messenger, and blammo! No current conversations. Say what? I just had a message 5 seconds ago.

I did a battery pull. Gonna see if this fixes the issue.

Oh..i have a VZW Curve 8330 4.5.097
    01-06-09 04:25 PM
    One workaround might be to copy the convo and paste it into a memo, email, or Word doc if you have Docs to Go. This works within the character size limits of the clipboard and app you're pasting into. To copy a BBM convo, in the convo, press Menu Key>Copy History, then paste to target doc.

Also, losing messages is typical of low memory situations. A battery pull might help, and here's a link you can follow for memory maximization: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/now-...s-texts-126093

01-06-09 07:43 PM
    I don't believe BB messenger conversations are recorded by RIM. I have heard a rumour that if your on BES they are though. I can't confirm that.
    On BES they *can* be recorded but it's a BES administrator option. The only way to know if this is being logged is to check with your BES admin.

01-06-09 07:47 PM
    I flew from NYC to SF and all my BB Messenger conversations would just keep deleting itself. I chat with 1 or 2 people. Close down the app, go to another app, go back to BB Messenger, and blammo! No current conversations. Say what? I just had a message 5 seconds ago.
    I experienced the same thing on my 8830 after I did an upgrade. Have tried doing a battery pull ... seems to be working
    04-03-09 05:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD