A friend sent me a ink to a messenger upgrade...through BB messenger. I clicked the link. Now there is NO icon. I can't use messenger. I deleted the 5.0 version and re-installed the 4.3. Still no icon. It shows up in my options thought. just can't use it. I bebooted when prompted and also removed the one toenial was opponsite

I use a Mac OSX and would really like to have messenger back. Thanks.
    10-17-09 12:00 AM
    re-register on your network then resend your service books.

go to www.blackberry.com/messenger and download the latest version.

one of those two should fix it.
    10-17-09 12:04 AM
    the actual link is www.blackberry.com/send/messenger

and its only for OS's 4.5 and above. people with 4.3 need to upgrade to 4.5 first. what OS are you running.
    10-17-09 01:42 AM
    I have OS 4.3.

And, after re-reading my original post, I have no idea what the last part of that one sentence said--must not have proofed before sending. Sorry! Embarrassed!

Anyway, I never did get the old version back on my phone, after deleting the new one from the apps. Is there a way to just get the BBM 4.X back instead of the BBM 5.0? All of the OTA links say my phone isn't compatible, which makes sense because I don't have the current OS. I really miss my messenger!

I'm a little hesitant to upgrade the OS on my phone--see what happened when I jumped into grabbing BBM 5 without knowing better?

I use a MacBook Pro with PocketMac for syncing now. I have access to a PC at work. If anyone could help walk me through how to use a PC to get messenger I would be grateful forever!

Thanks.

Peg
    10-19-09 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD