after i upgraded to os 4.5 i have some large email which i could receive completely with preious os but now it always shows message truncated xxx bytes even though i already select auto more on and more all.
    my bb is 8820 and the os is 4.5.0.69, can anyone help me?
    TIA
    09-30-08 09:02 AM
    repost, help anyone?
    10-01-08 12:11 PM
    10-01-08 12:24 PM
    thanks sunkast, what a good info! appreciate it!
    10-01-08 12:48 PM
    I received a text-only email yesterday that wouldn't go past about 32KB even after checking that I had requested all the "more" requests that I could. This may have been appreciated in the bad old days of $25/4MB data plans but it kind of ironic with my 3G BB Bold and 6GB data plan!

Any way to change this?

Thanks,

Carl
    10-16-08 03:13 PM
    I received a text-only email yesterday that wouldn't go past about 32KB even after checking that I had requested all the "more" requests that I could. This may have been appreciated in the bad old days of $25/4MB data plans but it kind of ironic with my 3G BB Bold and 6GB data plan!

Any way to change this?

Thanks,

Carl
    Sorry to replyy own post but I found the following on RIM's knowledge base on Blackberry.com:

Doc ID : KB13677
    Last Modified : 2007-11-09

Details

When scrolling to the bottom of a newly received email message, the following is displayed:

Truncated <number of bytes received>

The BlackBerry smartphone can receive a maximum of 32 KB of compressed data in the message body. This is by design.

Hello RIM. Maybe there should be an option to enlarge this now that you are selling 3G phones with unlimited data plans. However, I appreciate being able to enable strict limits when roaming to control data costs.

Cheers,

Carl
    10-16-08 03:51 PM
    I'm having a similar issue to amanchen
    12-16-09 12:52 PM
    well, i posted a solution to this problem, but my post looks to have been scrubbed so I guess that sucks for everyone experiencing this.

I think I'm done with this forum.
    12-16-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD