2 issues:

1. My messages contain both IMs and gmail. How can I take gmail OUT of the Messging lists?

2. If I "Delete prior" under Messages it also clears my call log. How can I fix this issue?

Frustrated New User
    05-01-09 02:19 PM
    2 issues:

1. My messages contain both IMs and gmail. How can I take gmail OUT of the Messging lists?

2. If I "Delete prior" under Messages it also clears my call log. How can I fix this issue?

Frustrated New User
    1. When in your messages hit menu>options and scroll to SMS and Email Inboxes: and set it to "separate." That's the only way to get your Gmail account in a separate icon. Any of your other email accounts will also be separate.

2. I don't know why deleting prior messages is deleting your call log. When on your call log, hit menu>options>general options and set "Phone List View" to "call log." I don't know if that will help you with that problem but that's how I have mine setup.
    05-01-09 02:47 PM
    If you have your calls being logged in your messges, then when you delete your messages you will also delete your call log.

To change that:

Phone (green button once)
    Menu
    Options
    Call Logging: NONE

Now your calls will NOT be logged in your message folder and won't be deleted when you delete your messages.

To access Call Log:

View Folder
    Phone Call Logs

To access Recent Call List:

Phone (Green button) once
    05-01-09 02:53 PM
    If you have your calls being logged in your messges, then when you delete your messages you will also delete your call log.

To change that:

Phone (green button once)
    Menu
    Options
    Call Logging: NONE

Now your calls will NOT be logged in your message folder and won't be deleted when you delete your messages.

To access Call Log:

View Folder
    Phone Call Logs

To access Recent Call List:

Phone (Green button) once
    I can't believe I didn't think of that.
    05-01-09 02:55 PM
    I can't believe I didn't think of that.
    You got all the other issues though! Nice work, POE!
    05-01-09 02:56 PM
    Call Log issue FIXED!

GMAIL ISSUE - Not...Gmail is still pouring into my messages. I have the GMail app on my phone so no need to bog down my messages with gmail. Reality is I am receiving email in 3 places: Gmail, Gmail on BB App and w/ Instant Messages
    05-01-09 03:11 PM
    If you ONLY want to use the gmail app and not have gmail pushed to your phone then you need to log into BIS and delete the address:

BlackBerry Internet Service
    05-01-09 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD