I am on vacation and I get stressed when I see the little enveloppe in the top left corbner telling me how many emails I got, is there a way I can remove thiis temporarly? so i can relax, i was able to remove the flshing red light but cant seem to be able to get rid of this enveloppe
    08-24-10 05:01 PM
    I believe opening messages, clicking on the newest time bar (today's date), and then selecting "Mark Prior Opened" is the only way to get it to disappear. The downside is that they will all be marked as open.
    08-24-10 05:17 PM
    From open messages folder, Menu/Options/General Options/Display New Message Indicator-set to No. You can scroll down to Auto More and set to No. I think that should do it. Haven't tried it myself so let me know how it goes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 06:01 PM
    From open messages folder, Menu/Options/General Options/Display New Message Indicator-set to No. You can scroll down to Auto More and set to No. I think that should do it. Haven't tried it myself so let me know how it goes.

Didn't work for me. Who knows, could just be my berry though. Don't see what else that option would do.
    08-24-10 06:18 PM
    That's what I thought Spiral cause you shut the light off in Sound Profiles. Hopefully the Op will post back. Like I stated though never tried it, so maybe we'll see.

08-24-10 08:41 PM
    So it seems that the "display new message" indicator isn't the envelope, it's the red star on the envelope that tells you there are new messages since you last checked. You could turn this off, and turn off the # unread and then you'd just have an envelope.
    08-24-10 09:53 PM
    FYI - "Auto More" doesn't relate to the indicator.
    08-24-10 09:54 PM
    No it relates to auto accepting new mail.

08-24-10 11:42 PM
    Here's a few ideas for the OP... turn the thing off, turn off just the data services, or leave the bloody thing on the charger. Stop looking at your phone and enjoy your vacation!
    08-24-10 11:55 PM
    Right on Craterz! Chuck the damn thing in the Ocean! Haha

08-25-10 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD