I have a new BB Curve 8310 AT&T. I know there has to be a simple answer to this but I am too new to figure it out. My message folder contains copies of all my emails from my hotmail account and only display's emails. I can go to menue>view folder>SMS inbox and view the text messages but seems like a lot of steps each time. I have been unable to find a way to set the folder to default to SMS inbox. Can you help
    08-22-08 09:14 PM
    Go to your Messages folder, hit Menu, Options, General Options, scroll to SMS and Email Inboxes, select separate. This will give you one folder for emails, and another for SMS.
    08-22-08 09:19 PM
    I tried that and it doesn't change the fact that the folder still defaults to email not text messages???
    08-22-08 09:22 PM
    Once you do this, the folder marked SMS and MMS should not get emails in it.
    08-22-08 09:27 PM
    How do I mark the folder?
    08-22-08 09:37 PM
    After doing the separation, you will have a folder labeled as "SMS and MMS" automatically.
    08-22-08 09:39 PM
    No I have a folder labeled "messages" and one labeled with my email address. Do I need to add a folder?? By the way I appreciate all the help.
    08-22-08 09:44 PM
    After doing this - Messages folder, hit Menu, Options, General Options, scroll to SMS and Email Inboxes, select separate - you will have:
    A) a folder marked "Messages" for all emails.
    B) a folder marked "SMS and MMS" for texts and pic messages
    C) a folder for each email address that gets forwarded to your Blackberry.

All emails that the Blackberry receives will go to the folder labled with the address (Gmail for instance), as well as the folder marked Messages. There's nothing you can do about that. I simply hide (hover on the icon, hit menu, select Hide) the individual address folders, and only use the Messages folder. All text and picture messages will go into the folder marked SMS and MMS.
    08-22-08 09:49 PM
    After doing the above (several times) I only have a folder that is labeled messages and one labeled with the email address I do not have or else I can't find a folder labeled SMS or MMS I have show all checked on the home menu
    08-22-08 09:53 PM
    I found the SMS and MMS folder (they were the same folder and was able to move it to the top screen. Thanks so much for your help
    08-22-08 09:57 PM
    Good deal. Glad to help.
    08-22-08 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD