Other than database size (through Options) how can I know how many messages I have?

The only other way I can think of is through the device manager but that too doesn't tell you specifically how many received/sent/MMS and SMS.

Is there a way?

Thanks

Phone: Bold
    02-16-09 09:04 PM
    I haven't seen a way yet. I remember answering this earlier for someone. I still haven't seen a 3rd party app that does this yet.
    02-16-09 09:07 PM
    A follow up question:
    In my database, it says I have 4000+ text messages, I am starting to feel the phone (in the message folder) starting to get slower... Is that normal?
    What can I do to prevent it?

Thanks
    02-16-09 09:09 PM
    A follow up question:
    In my database, it says I have 4000+ text messages, I am starting to feel the phone (in the message folder) starting to get slower... Is that normal?
    What can I do to prevent it?

Thanks
    I'm not at all trying to be a smart punk here but I think deleting them is your best option. Either that or start freeing up device memory by deleting things you don't need. Such as apps, etc.
    02-16-09 09:12 PM
    I thought there's another way to this. I had the world edition and deleting was my option.

I thought there would be a "better" solution since the bold is "the" fastest Blackberry! I guess not! I just hate to delete messages every day! I send/receive over 300/day!
    02-16-09 09:14 PM
    Being fast has absolutely nothing to do with it. The Bold still suffers from relatively low application memory, which is where your SMS are stored, along with your OS, Apps, themes, etc. Try to keep only essential messages and delete your sent messages to save space.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 09:27 PM
    Save space? My sent items are saved in the device memory not the system right? I've used only 0.04% of that... Or am I misunderstanding something

02-16-09 10:17 PM
    Nope. They are stored in the application memory. The internal 1GB is for storing media only.

02-16-09 10:31 PM
    Wow I never knew that! That makes more sense now. Is there a way to save my msgs on device rather than application??

Also what is the standard for app memory? Mine is around 97%

02-16-09 10:44 PM
    4000+ messages wow wonder how much mem. that is eating up, just be careful cause if it gets to full it will start deleting them on it own
    02-16-09 10:51 PM
    I've heard there is an app that let's you save SMS messages on the media card. I can't think of the name right now though.

02-16-09 11:14 PM
    Thanks I will look for it!

02-17-09 12:08 AM
    I'm not being able to locate it. Can anyone tell me where I can find an app that would let me save my sms on memory device and not the system!

02-17-09 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD