Ok...odd question I guess. I have a VZW BB Bold 9650. I work nights so during the day when I am sleeping I put the phone on "silent", however after a recent OS update I now receive the audible alerts with an SMS even though the phone is set to silent.

Suggestions?
    11-11-10 12:53 AM
    Even though the profile name may be Silent, it can still have the individual options set to alert you. So, you might want to try editing the settings for this profile to make sure Text is set to silent.
    11-11-10 09:45 AM
    I think I was able to solve the problem last night. What a pain in the rear trying to figure out what setting.
    11-11-10 06:54 PM
    Backup. Backup. Backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-10 08:43 PM
    Yeah good point....but that is one thing I did and do quite often. Probably once a month I back up just to transfer my calendar as I write everything down and if I don't I forget it. Plus contacts come and go. It was just odd that it switched my alerts around. First time for everything I guess.
    11-11-10 09:37 PM
    If you charge with your pc do what I do. I have ?l?ck????y desktop set to start up when my phone is plugged in and autoupdate. I charge every night so it makes a backup every night. If something goes wrong I only lose a day of data.

Even without doing that if you use your phone for important things then backups should be way more than monthly.

11-11-10 09:44 PM
    Sorry I meant autobackup........not update.

11-11-10 09:44 PM
    very good advice
    11-11-10 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD