Goodmorning all...

I tried calling Mercedes customer care last night but of course it was after hours and I couldn't get anyone on the line, therefore I revert to my faithful CRACKBERRY USERS!

Ok here is my situation--my mom is visiting me and she drove her new S class Mercedes here to visit...Well my parents are NOT technologically inclined so I want to show her how my tour will link up via bluetooth etc and then we could talk using my phone through her car speakers...

SO...I was able to pair up my tour with her car easily...once they were paired I could not figure out for the life of me how to make a call, answer a call, play my music on my tour, basically nothing...I KNOW that the two units were paired and everything but was unsuccessful in anything else?

Can anyone lend me a hand on this issue? I mean once the units are paired what is the next step to send/receive a call or play my music? ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated?

I thought once the 2 units were paired and my cell phone rang it would automatically start going through the speakers in the car etc but obviously I thought wrong and I am not doing something right? Maybe a setting in my phone maybe the car?...........

THANKS GUYS and GALS
    10-16-09 06:32 AM
    Goodmorning all...

I tried calling Mercedes customer care last night but of course it was after hours and I couldn't get anyone on the line, therefore I revert to my faithful CRACKBERRY USERS!

Ok here is my situation--my mom is visiting me and she drove her new S class Mercedes here to visit...Well my parents are NOT technologically inclined so I want to show her how my tour will link up via bluetooth etc and then we could talk using my phone through her car speakers...

SO...I was able to pair up my tour with her car easily...once they were paired I could not figure out for the life of me how to make a call, answer a call, play my music on my tour, basically nothing...I KNOW that the two units were paired and everything but was unsuccessful in anything else?

Can anyone lend me a hand on this issue? I mean once the units are paired what is the next step to send/receive a call or play my music? ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated?

I thought once the 2 units were paired and my cell phone rang it would automatically start going through the speakers in the car etc but obviously I thought wrong and I am not doing something right? Maybe a setting in my phone maybe the car?...........

THANKS GUYS and GALS
    First I would make sure that they are actually connected. From Settings -> Bluetooth make sure that the car's bluetooth is in bold. If you are unsure, press the menu key and if there is an option that says disconnect then they are connected, if the only option is connect then you will need to select that to connect.

As for making calls that depends on the car. My Infiniti has controls on the steering wheel to make and answer calls.

As for playing music, you might not be able to do that. It would depend on the type of bluetooth the car has. I can only make and receive phone calls. Music only comes through the handset.
    10-16-09 07:46 AM
    thanks for the response, I will try this...

Any other takers for advice?
    10-16-09 11:16 AM
    Pretty sure the MB interface only allows for calling features... not for music or other media. May be dependent on the model though (her S might do something different than our C).

Easiest way to tell if your phone is actually paired with the vehicle is to look on the MMI screen in the car. Does it show reception strength bars on the screen? Or, simply press the TEL button on the car radio. It will show at the top what phone is connected by BT. That screen is also the easiest way (besides voice-activation) to place calls, if you haven't paired your contact list with the vehicle.

Hope this helps a little.
    10-16-09 12:38 PM
    Mercedes bluetooth is voice only. No multimedia. That's how it works in my 2007 E Class. The phonebook does transfer into the car, which does come in handy.
    10-16-09 01:45 PM
    agreed. have 2009 GL-class and able to pair with Tour (good advice of making sure phone signal strength is in top-right of COMAND screen on vehicle) but I have not had any luck being able to stream media (i.e. Pandora) through car speakers (even though Pandora has BT support and I can stream to my BT headset). If anyone figures that one out LMK.

You can download contacts as limegrass stated.

To place calls, just use the Telephone pad on the vehicle and the call should place automatically. Same for receiving - vehicle should ring when a call is incoming and vehicle is turned on.
    10-16-09 01:50 PM
    thanks guys for all the help! I finally got it to work this afternoon...my dumb*** didn't have the bluetooth adapter that you have to buy, so I ran over to our Mercedes dealership and bought one in the parts department and connected them up. Everything works perfect after reading your tips, agreed about streaming music, doesnt work but have been talking all night long...

ONE LAST QUESTION: TEXT MESSAGING...there is an option on her screen in the car for text but was unable to work that, everything else works perfect...any luck with text from yalls?!?

Thanks for all the hlep
    10-16-09 11:25 PM
    agreed. have 2009 GL-class and able to pair with Tour (good advice of making sure phone signal strength is in top-right of COMAND screen on vehicle) but I have not had any luck being able to stream media (i.e. Pandora) through car speakers (even though Pandora has BT support and I can stream to my BT headset). If anyone figures that one out LMK.

You can download contacts as limegrass stated.

To place calls, just use the Telephone pad on the vehicle and the call should place automatically. Same for receiving - vehicle should ring when a call is incoming and vehicle is turned on.
    great info, thanks
    10-17-09 11:02 AM
    Mercedes bluetooth is voice only. No multimedia. That's how it works in my 2007 E Class. The phonebook does transfer into the car, which does come in handy.
    Hey I have an 07 E 350 and I can get my phone to work but no contacts to move... Any helpful hints? They worked on an older phone but not on the blackberry... HELP PLEASE
    10-18-09 06:38 PM
    wondering if you can help,i have a 2008 e350 that i can use the bluetooth but it will not transfer contacts to it.

am i missing something? also on the comand screen the recieving & dialed #'s bar are not lit in order for me to manually enter them.

thanks
    Last edited by RadioDude; 11-15-09 at 11:49 AM.
    11-15-09 08:38 AM
    Check the MB forums. There was a change in the way bluetooth communitcations are controlled via the MB bluetooth adapter. I have an 07 SL550 that worked fine with my 8700 but then would not download my address book from my BB when I tried an 8820. MB changed the bluetooth adapter to a later version and all is well now.
    11-15-09 12:14 PM
    Check the MB forums. There was a change in the way bluetooth communitcations are controlled via the MB bluetooth adapter. I have an 07 SL550 that worked fine with my 8700 but then would not download my address book from my BB when I tried an 8820. MB changed the bluetooth adapter to a later version and all is well now.
    With so many sites with adapter info i could not find which adapter it should actually be,so tomorrow i'm heading to the mb dealer for what is hopefully an updated adapter.

you don't happen to remember which updated adapter you recieved do you?

many thanks
    Last edited by RadioDude; 11-15-09 at 12:25 PM.
    11-15-09 12:21 PM
    We have 2 blackberry 9700 (ATT) and new MB E550. I was able to connect one phone to car - and then 2nd phone to car - and tried to switch between them -- that didnt work -- didnt even always want to connect when you got in/out of the car. But PROBLEMS RESOLVED!

I know you will think this the simplest craziest = but its true.
    I spent two visits at MB and read the book = and my MB techie figured this one out as he was throwing up his hands in frustration too....the last resort.

If you too can connect your phone to car - but doesnt always want to connect when you get in........TAKE OUT PHONE BATTERY - Let phone reset and I DONT KNOW WHY but it worked on both our phones!!
    And we can do everything - auto connect - change phones as we change drivers.

Just remember
    a) when you first pair phone to car and phone asks you if ok -- be sure to check "dont ask me again" when you say Yes.

b) when 2 of you in car with phones, Disengage bluetooth on one of the phones (driver?) as the car does not like have both at the same time.
    04-02-10 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD