Hi all,

would really love some constructive advice from some stalwart BB users

I currently have a Curve 8900 on Tmobile but am due an upgrade this month and have been torturing myself on whether to go for a Bold 9700 or a Storm 2??

I love the buttons on my current handset and the only real experience I've had of a touchscreen is my wifes Iphone, which I quite like also

Could someone please help guide me on which of these two handsets to go for??

Apologies if this has already been asked a million times before.

Cheers,

Kev
    05-10-10 01:56 PM
    I would start by choosing one that is best for you.
    05-10-10 02:22 PM
    The best thing to do is go into the T-Mobile store (one that has the real working phones on display) and just spend some time playing around with both and see which one you like better. That's what I did and found that the storm was pretty cool, and a lot easier to type on than the iphone. Ultimately, I chose the Bold because I decided to stay with my current service provider, AT&T. Look online, check out some reviews, figure out which features are most important to you, and test the phones out for yourself!
    05-10-10 02:55 PM
    TMo carries the Storm now?
    05-10-10 02:56 PM
    Do you live in an area with good 3G coverage? If you get a 9700, you will have 3G. If you get a Verizon Storm, you will need to unlock it, and it will only get EDGE on T-Mobile's network.
    05-10-10 03:01 PM
    Just go for the Bold. It's a great phone. Only drawback being there may be a new release shortly after your upgrade - 2-3 months down the line. You never know. I'm betting there will be a new device coinciding with the (hopeful) release of OS6 this year. Just keep that in mind.
    05-10-10 03:04 PM
    I moved from the 8900 to the 9700. The advice to go to the store and play with both is good. If you liked the 8900 (really liked mine) then you will love the 9700. It's a solid, robust device with much the same things to love that the 8900 had but with a better battery and without that @&%&# trackball. Good luck with whichever you pick....
    05-10-10 03:10 PM
    Thanks all, I would love to go into a Tmobile store, but I live on Orkney, which is a small island off the North coast of Scotland..... no mobile stores at all!

I just think that I've had a Curve 8900 for the last 18months and am going to be stuck with a very similar phone for another 18months if I opt for the Bold....

Whereas the Storm 2 will be a change and (as much as anything else) a novelty for a while.....
    05-10-10 03:14 PM
    Thanks all, I would love to go into a Tmobile store, but I live on Orkney, which is a small island off the North coast of Scotland..... no mobile stores at all!

I just think that I've had a Curve 8900 for the last 18months and am going to be stuck with a very similar phone for another 18months if I opt for the Bold....

Whereas the Storm 2 will be a change and (as much as anything else) a novelty for a while.....
    Sounds like you just answered your own question.
    05-10-10 03:18 PM
    Storm2 is a lovely device, however it is a love it or hate it thing and you might regret it after a while. It's very different to the iPhone and SurePress makes a day and night difference between the Storm2 and other touch screen devices. Bold 9700 is a very solid device and will provide you with a similar experience as you've got with your Curve 8900.
    05-10-10 03:21 PM
    @merle

i moved from a curve 8310 to a storm2 and have not looked back.

the keypoard is easy to get to grips with for typing and the media player is so much better for films etc

i love the storm and couldnt cope with going back to the physical keys again
    05-10-10 03:22 PM
    Is there a most up to date Storm 2 that I should be looking for and whats the best protective screen cover I can get to prevent scratching??
    05-10-10 03:23 PM
    Get a Storm2 that works, don't care about the "new" model and the "old" model. A working unit is what makes you happy. I would recommend an anti-fingerprint screen protector or any ordinary screen protector, but the material atop the LCD won't scratch easily so you can live a few days without fear should you get the device first prior to purchasing a screen protector... by the way check your PM.
    05-10-10 03:31 PM
    DO NOT get a Storm based off of your wifes iPhone screen. They are not the same!
    05-10-10 04:27 PM
    Spoke with a BlackBerry employee at my local AT&T store this weekend.
    During our conversation I mentioned BlackBerry 6 and the new slider. He was unable to speak specifically about new devices . . . however I am going to wait to get my upgrade until at least September.
    05-10-10 08:50 PM
    Don't think you can go wrong with either phone...if you want change, go with the Storm2...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD