Agree with you on all points.

I wouldn't slam a guy on buying a Pearl because it's feminine. I'd slam him because he has bad judgement. Why would any power user pick a Pearl over a Curve and if you are not a power user, why would you need a BlackBerry in the first place.

I've yet to find a Pearl user who really maximizes the use of their BlackBerry.

Pearls are for posers. Curves are for serious players.
    You should really warn people before you drop a load like that--I'd have liked to put on boots before I read that steaming load......
    07-22-08 09:17 AM
    AG, I LOVE you......
    07-22-08 09:20 AM
    Man zato, im jus tryna be real and there are prolly a lot of other people that feel how i do, butthey just dnt wanna pu the energy into to conversation especially wit all these guys wit pearls bein offended an lashing out..im jus sayin how i feel man...
    You seem to be a BB historian.....why was the Pearl named the way it was?
    07-22-08 09:24 AM
    LOL, only the young.......Keeping it "real" would be saying that YOU don't like Pearls so YOU won't buy one. To say "I'm not calling a guy who owns a Pearl gay....but" is frankly, dishonest.

A REAL man does not feel the need to put ANY other man down for his choices.....so IMO, the fact that you feel the need to do so speaks more about your manhood than the phone you own.
    07-22-08 09:30 AM
    Lol. The pearl is a lil girly, I would have to agree with that. I tease my pearl using male friends. But that's really just b/c of their "sure type" typing errors. Heck, they are all bb's so who really cares?! Personal Pref. Mine just happens to be the curve
    07-22-08 09:34 AM
    Lol I wasn't referring to you amazing, but I think I've spotted a few offended posts, but that is expected after a controversial post like this. But hey, it's just someone's opinion. Even if they say it's "The Gospel" ya know it's only an opinion.

Don't worry I didn't mean anything by that previous post
    LOL, you need to beep when you back up that fast.......
    07-22-08 09:37 AM
    A REAL man does not feel the need to put ANY other man down for his choices.....so IMO, the fact that you feel the need to do so speaks more about your manhood than the phone you own.
    Perhaps someone just feels he needs to be reassured that they picked the "manlier" option when they bought the Curve.
    07-22-08 09:37 AM
    Hehehehe.....
    07-22-08 09:40 AM
    I think the thread needs a poll to finally put an end to the debate.

BTW....I know some are going to hate me for this. But those guys jumping to get a Red Curve......ummmmmm.....DUDE?

07-22-08 09:45 AM
    Hey everyone. 2 points.

1. I had a pearl for about 3 weeks (black one on AT&T) and my mom actually commented on how girly it was. Luckily, AT&T introduced the 8300 Curve and I exchanged it immediately. I was not a fan of either the size of the phone or the suretype, and I love my Curve. I would only trade it in for an iPhone or Bold at this point.

2. There is more then one difference between the 8330 and all the other 83**'s OTHER then the fact 8330 is CDMA. The 8330 comes with WAY MORE memory then all other 83** series phones . This is NOT a software thing, this is a hardware thing considering the 8330 came out so much later then the other curves. I read a few posts of people not only questioning an 8330 owner for claiming more memory, but also mocking him.

He was NOT joking or making things up. His Curve has more memory then yours.

Back on topic- If Pearls are feminine, then 8800's are masculine.
    Any girl with an 8800 must be butch.
    07-22-08 09:55 AM
    THis is crazy.... to the OP, maybe you just feel this way because you REALLY want to own the PEARl, but your so insecure in your sexual orientation that you have to ask permission first....HAHAHAHA.
    07-22-08 10:01 AM
    Well first of all, the bigger screen and qwerty keyboard are HUGE differences.

And you are never going to convince me SureType is anywhere near as effective as qwerty.

There was a similar post on this topic a few months ago. All the Pearl people went out of their minds ... in the end after sanity prevailed, they all admitted that SureType isn't as effective as qwerty.

If you are a serious power user, you are also going to get weary of that tiny screen. You have to admit that the Pearl was designed as a compromise device. They wanted to incorporate the functionality of a BlacKberry into a form factor that could compete with a Motorola.

I have nothing against you using a Pearl. But you're going to have an impossible time convincing anyone that you are a serious power user and that you prefer a smaller screen and a less effective keyboard to do your work.

The Pearl is fine. But it's nowhere as great as a Curve.
    No, my dear, not ALL of us admitted that.......I just don't UNDERSTAND why there has to be this stupid "my bb is better than your bb" stupidity. I own a Pearl, I got it because I like it and when I upgrade, it will be to ANOTHER Pearl, because I like it.....it would be stupid for me to put down other BB owners because they don't have a Pearl, and it is stupid of other BB owners to put ME down because I don't have what THEY have.
    Maybe the OP was looking for a guy with a pearl for some 1 on 1 man love?!?!?

So now that the truth is out...
    "We can put this matter to bed... That's what she said... or he said" - Michael Scott of "The Office"
    A pearl is no different than a regular, non-clamshell phone. So I don't see how its 'gay'.

Now having a pink pearl or pink curve would be well.....kinda fruity.
    Exactly, at least this was most of my reasoning for getting a pearl. To me its still just a phone, i truly dont understand the whole addictiveness everyone always talks about. But then I knew going into it that i dont text or message alot, and wanted a phone that wasnt too bulky. Now that I have an otterbox on it, its just the right size. And looks quite industrial, not feminine at all
    07-22-08 10:02 AM
    hahahaha!!! Nice one!
    07-22-08 10:08 AM
    Lol. The pearl is a lil girly, I would have to agree with that. I tease my pearl using male friends. But that's really just b/c of their "sure type" typing errors. Heck, they are all bb's so who really cares?! Personal Pref. Mine just happens to be the curve
    Ahhhh, but if you didn't/don't care, then why tease your friends who have them? It's a classic case of trying to make yourself feel better by making someone else feel worse, and it's small and petty.
    07-22-08 10:08 AM
    hahahaha!!! Nice one!
    It reminded me of my Aussie when the Sibe comes in the room, he rolls right over and shows his belly.......
    07-22-08 10:12 AM
    This thread seems to be causing trouble. Enough for now.
    07-22-08 10:23 AM
193 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD