lol >>>post wh-ore
    yea.IM jus doin ths to get my posts up...ugrade from crackberry user to whatever the next one is....lol....yea right
    07-22-08 12:52 AM
    this is just stupid for real. a BB is a BB. a name is a name. but to each is his own.
    07-22-08 01:05 AM
    my post said im not calling them gay, u should read it again. and no your not a lesbian cuz u got a curve..u may think the pearl is nicer cuz your a woman. cuz it seems like its designed more for women to me.but im not using the phone uhave to judge peoples sexual orientation i just think the pearl makes a guy look feminine..is that really that offensive?[/I] sheesh...and im not sayin u but people are too sensitive...lol
    This makes no sense whatsoever.

nope..to me the curve is unisex along with the other bb's. but the pearl..is girly
    if the Pearl Is girly due to its size, then the Iphone is a girlish phone as well. Pfft.

Again by saying Pears specifically are girlish designed is definite telling men with pearls that they look gay.

lol...asinine and misguided...great words..lol...arent we supposed to respect eachothers opinions even if we disagree...i mean we can just agree to disagree...i never disrespected your opinions and called them stupid or idiotic..(and im not)...that was a low blow amazinglygraceless..
    You just disrespected the men with pearls by implying their phones are girlish. Yes you are allowed to have your own opinions . we live in a country where we have the freedom of speech but yet the freedom of speech comes with consequences. Some things such as your rude remark , is something you should not post.

nowhere in my posts will u see me calling someone gay...u can look back ad check them all...i dnt even know where the whole sexual orientation comes from
    i dnt think so..im not sayin the bigger the phone the more manly it is...im not one of those macho meat heads, far from it...lol..i jus think the pearl looks feminine so when i see a guy with it, it makes them look a little feminine to me..imnot saying they are..thats just what it looks like...like i said for all i kno a dude can have a pearl and be rambo...im not saying a person is sumthing or isnt something cuz he has a pearl, im jus sayin, in my opinion it looks feminine...just my opinion..
    This is where the whole sexual orientation came from. *ahem*

All of your post are a contracidction. you said you weren't passing judgment and also that you didn't say men with pearls are gay even though that is exactly what you implied.
    07-22-08 01:45 AM
    still never disrespected anybody by calling them gay and we been here already prcious..a guy can e feminine and not be gay..theres no contradictions..your jus takin bits and pieces of things and putting together what u want...but hey like u said to each his own. feminine and gay arent the same thing...duhhhh
    07-22-08 01:58 AM
    feminine and gay arent the same thing...duhhhh
    In the heads of some, yes it is.

Oh, and it's spelled Gordon
    can't be all hard and **** with typos
    07-22-08 02:02 AM
    pretty much the same discussion here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/pearls-girls-16727/

and i'll say it once more...

men with pearls, get the girls
    07-22-08 02:06 AM
    feminine and gay are very different...
    and this is coming from a gay guy which is me...
    im gay but not feminine...
    i like guys but does that mean i have to act like a girl???
    no...i admit i do feminine things like trim my eyebrows and thats about it.
    i also prefer to be the submissive one a relationship
    07-22-08 02:46 AM
    If a man had a pink Pearl, I'd do a double take, but a regular Pearl is a great Blackberry and I don't think it's weird for a man to own one. To each his own.
    07-22-08 03:02 AM
    pretty much the same discussion here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/pearls-girls-16727/

and i'll say it once more...

men with pearls, get the girls
    time to buy a pearl ..
    07-22-08 03:16 AM
    What features does the curve have that the pearl doesn't besides the larger scren and qwerty keyboard. I can do the same things you can do. How am I not maximizing the use of my BB?
    Well first of all, the bigger screen and qwerty keyboard are HUGE differences.

And you are never going to convince me SureType is anywhere near as effective as qwerty.

There was a similar post on this topic a few months ago. All the Pearl people went out of their minds ... in the end after sanity prevailed, they all admitted that SureType isn't as effective as qwerty.

If you are a serious power user, you are also going to get weary of that tiny screen. You have to admit that the Pearl was designed as a compromise device. They wanted to incorporate the functionality of a BlacKberry into a form factor that could compete with a Motorola.

I have nothing against you using a Pearl. But you're going to have an impossible time convincing anyone that you are a serious power user and that you prefer a smaller screen and a less effective keyboard to do your work.

The Pearl is fine. But it's nowhere as great as a Curve.
    07-22-08 05:13 AM
    Nah, I just like the size. It's not much bigger than a razr closed with way more funtionality.

I also got it for free after rebate last year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 05:14 AM
    Well when ya have bat belt syndrome, its nice to find a bb that I can put on my belt. Plus i like my pearl, so far its been better to me than my curve was

And when you put it in an otter box, you cant see its so called "feminine" looks
    Last edited by southernguy0306; 07-22-08 at 05:18 AM.
    07-22-08 05:15 AM
    We're "debating" with someone who (apparently) doesn't know proper english, grammar, or punctuation. Someone who is also just trying to "keep it real" and not pass judgement (though, it has already been passed). It's a lost cause.
    07-22-08 05:41 AM
    Alright, I thought this last night when I first saw this thread but now it's time to chime in. Congratulations, this is now the most useless thread on the board. It offers no useful information or opinions, and is only a chance for people to argue and insult each other. This is more useless than the thread with a bunch of adults arguing with a 12 yo about when it's OK to own a BB. At least that thread started with a reasonable question. Pearls are Pearls and Curves are Curves, to each their own. Enough said.
    07-22-08 06:07 AM
    Alright, I thought this last night when I first saw this thread but now it's time to chime in. Congratulations, this is now the most useless thread on the board. It offers no useful information or opinions, and is only a chance for people to argue and insult each other. This is more useless than the thread with a bunch of adults arguing with a 12 yo about when it's OK to own a BB. At least that thread started with a reasonable question. Pearls are Pearls and Curves are Curves, to each their own. Enough said.
    I agree 110% cousin.
    07-22-08 06:09 AM
    I got a Pearl (8130) because it was cheaper. I woudn't mind have a Curve but I can't upgrade until next October and the Thunder should be out by than.

A co worker of mine has a Pearl as well. You might need to adjust your thinking.
    07-22-08 06:15 AM
    Uhhh once again you guys are being a collective PUTZ about this thread that was just for fun. Geeze loueeze! Take a chill pill! And by the way I even felt super gay with the crappy Pearl and I am a woman.

Now I will proceed to be an ***: Pearls are for girls , Pearls are for girls!!!! Give me a man with a Curve in his hand!

PS. But for real don't u guys with pearls get annoyed with the key board? I had issues with pressing more than one key at a time with the pearl ( **** I do that with my Curve). That and the fact that guys look funny holding the little Pearl up to their "ginormous" heads should make all you gentlemen switch. Lol
    07-22-08 06:56 AM
    Excuse me sweet heart but I do construction for a living and I think that is as manly as it gets. I don't like having a big a$$ phone in my pocket all day.

07-22-08 07:45 AM
    I gotta pearl so tweaked out my free file alone would shread every bit of dignity your curve has. If you even know what that is. Keep on drinkin that haterade and say what you will.

Your free file memory may get him,but you can't touch my Curve
    07-22-08 07:52 AM
    LOL Pearls and curls are for Girls lol , I have one That was I could afford at the time I was looking to get a smart phone. I am 6'2 210 lbs , the phone is a little hard to type with I have cramps in my fingers from texting.
    07-22-08 07:57 AM
    Why are there so many threads like this on CB? Pearl for girls is the other one I can think of. I have a Pearl, and besides the price, I like the small form factor. Now, that is not to say I won't get a Bold if it comes out in this century; however, for now, I as satisfied with the Pearl. You are reading too much into the whole thing anyway. A phone is a phone. Now, if you have a pink pearl, and you are a guy, then that is a little suspect. Otherwise, keep it moving. In addition, there are a lot of girls out there with the Curve. What does that make them?

Excuse me sweet heart but I do construction for a living and I think that is as manly as it gets. I don't like having a big a$$ phone in my pocket all day.

Preach brother. Preach.
    07-22-08 08:02 AM
    To me...I see how you could say "why do men get pearls" but to me its b/c I wanted the pink one-I forget that there are other colors to choose from. But I dont think its like carrying a man purse
    HEY! It's a satchel dammit!
    07-22-08 08:05 AM
    I agree the Pearl to me looks as if it was made for a woman. It just looks gay like dude said, he's not saying you are gay cause you have one but it makes you look that way and if you got offended you must have those feelings in the back of your mind.

I agree with you my dude ...... Pearls make men look GAY.
    07-22-08 08:12 AM
    I agree the Pearl to me looks as if it was made for a woman. It just looks gay like dude said, he's not saying you are gay cause you have one but it makes you look that way and if you got offended you must have those feelings in the back of your mind.

I agree with you my dude ...... Pearls make men look GAY.
    I don't have those feelings in my head and am 100% confident in my sexuality, I just find it hard to comprehend that a phone could make someone look gay.
    07-22-08 08:25 AM
    wow, and I thought my thread about trooper typing created some controversy. I guess the OP didn't think that those of us who have Pearl's may not have had a choice on which blackberry we could get from our Carriers. sure other carriers may have more BB's to choose from but I get good discounts with vzw and at the time they only had the Pearl. given the choice now, I still may choose the pearl.
    Last edited by schagg; 07-22-08 at 09:17 AM.
    07-22-08 09:15 AM
193 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD