According to my calipers.

Pearl and Curve, exact same length

Width, Curve bigger by less than 1/2 inch

Get real people

I love the way you work your calipers.

*fans self*
    07-21-08 11:25 PM
    Did I not say i agreed with you?
    I said I revert to thinking its a girls phone bc of the pink one....that is my reasoning-you have yours! Not arguing with you-just saying I see what you are saying but in a different way
    oh i kno..no disagreement here..i understand completely
    07-21-08 11:25 PM
    Oooooooooh she just called you EASY!!! lol
    Nahhhh I know reenee - she meant herself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 11:26 PM
    I love the way you work your calipers.

*fans self*
    Stop it you

Sorry if I gave ya "the vapors" sometimes I can't help it
    No one is offended. It's just ridiculous to think that a phone is
    masculine or female, or defines the user as such. Equally
    ridiculous for someone to state their opinion as the gospel,
    and think anyone who disagrees with it as not "keepin' it real".
    Lol I wasn't referring to you amazing, but I think I've spotted a few offended posts, but that is expected after a controversial post like this. But hey, it's just someone's opinion. Even if they say it's "The Gospel" ya know it's only an opinion.

Don't worry I didn't mean anything by that previous post
    No one is offended. It's just ridiculous to think that a phone is
    masculine or female, or defines the user as such. Equally
    ridiculous for someone to state their opinion as the gospel,
    and think anyone who disagrees with it as not "keepin' it real".
    Word. And QFT.
    just making sure
    07-21-08 11:29 PM
    Word. And QFT.
    ok I have seen QFT too many times and cant figure it out......what does it mean
    07-21-08 11:29 PM
    Lol I wasn't referring to you amazing, but I think I've spotted a few offended posts, but that is expected after a controversial post like this. But hey, it's just someone's opinion. Even if they say it's "The Gospel" ya know it's only an opinion.

Don't worry I didn't mean anything by that previous post

The only thing that offended me was the stupidity of judging someones masculinity because of a cell phone, and like AG said telling anyone that disagreed that we were just not 'keepin it real yo' or some such nonsense.

EDIT

Wackberry, it means 'quoted for truth'
    07-21-08 11:30 PM
    The only thing that offended me was the stupidity of judging someones masculinity because of a cell phone, and like AG said telling anyone that disagreed that we were just not 'keepin it real yo' or some such nonsense.

EDIT

aah, I dont think I ever would have guessed that one...but I did come up with a few doozies thanx
    07-21-08 11:32 PM
    Ok there has gotta be a reason people pick the pearl besides them bein girly.

The pearl is small and fits into a pocket nicely and some people like that over a bulky qwerty device.

Don't forget the price! The pearl is way cheaper and free with most plans.

When I signed up for tmobile flex pay I had to pay 150 for the pearl and more then 250 for the curve.

The pearl was the only BB I could afford at the time so I got one in black. Simple as that.

When I was able to buy a curve, I did. Now I'm lovin my 8320!

Saying the pearl is a girly phone is like saying the ipod nano is a girly ipod. Its just more affordable and suits needs differently.

07-21-08 11:32 PM
    Ah! Because I could not figure out why you thought my post
    was Quantum Field Therory
    07-21-08 11:33 PM

EDIT

I understand what you mean exactly. I didn't think he was trying to judge a person's masculinity. I only thought he was saying that the Pearl seemed to look slender and more feminine. I don't think he mentioned anything about being less of a man if you have a Pearl, or did he?
    07-21-08 11:33 PM
    BWAA! I bet!

Oh and I have a scandal for you. See, the OP has a 8310 Curve. He only has a very feminine 64 Mb of memory. Now, I must be a REAL man because MY Curve rocks 96Mb.

Turnabout and all that.
    07-21-08 11:34 PM
    BWAA! I bet!

Oh and I have a scandal for you. See, the OP has a 8310 Curve. He only has a very feminine 64 Mb of memory. Now, I must be a REAL man because MY Curve rocks 96Mb.

Turnabout and all that.
    Woot woooooot!! 96MB!!!

07-21-08 11:35 PM
    Men with Blackberry pearls why????? I hope you guys out there dont get too offened by this but what are you thinking? I dont know what it is, but i cant stand to see a guy with a blackberry pearl. For me i figured that they were designed for women. And i picture a guy standing in front of a blackberry display with the 8700 there, the curve, the 8800's and the pearl and i cant understand how they would say..."Give me the pearl"....I just dont get it. When I see a guy with a pearl, its like seeing a guy with a man purse..lol..sorry..I love all blackberries and I love what they are able to do and what they allow me to do...but i really feel like the only people that should have bb pearls are women. I mean its called the pearl for Godsake, that has to on some level be targeted towards woman..and i kno bb's are for everyone but the pearl i think was made with the woman in mind..unless its your backup bb or an alternative of some kind..what were u thinking...and im not hating on the pearl cuz i like it as a phone simply cuz its a bb but i like it for woman to ownIs anybody else out there with me?? or am i trippin?

I bolded the sentences that REALLY do him no favours.

That's a pretty strong opinion for someone who isn't judging.
    07-21-08 11:36 PM
    Would you be offended if someone walked up to you and said "You know, you don't use proper english on a forum - you are so GAY!"

I hate to say it, but many guys would be offended that you think they are feminine for choosing the more stylish BB device.

A lot of guys prefer the looks of the pearl too, but didn't like the Suretype.

You need to think before you post.
    if someone walked up to me and said that..i would laugh. lol..its not that serious. and for one i never called anyone gay for havin a pearl..to me its just looks feminine..and the pearl is stylish i never said it wasnt, but to me is stylish for women. just put it this way..i own a pink shirt that i wear..if someone says they think itrs feminine cuz im wearin a pink shirt or tie or what have u...im not gonna go into a rage or tell them their stupid or insult them like how some people do.im sure in myself and confident..why would i b mad at that cuz someone thinks my shirt is feminine. i dnt care if i like it, imma wear it...its just an opinion...same thing wit this pearl i think its feminine, i dnt think your gay or lesbian or whatever if u have one..if u like it by all means, enjoy it and ave fun by it...but to m its too feminine..and i wanted to know if people feltthe same..some do..some dnt...so i did think before i posted, which is why i posted it...isnt this a forum, i hope ur not surprised sumthing like this didnt come up...its an opinion about a blackberry..where else would it come up...but im not mad,i hope noone else is...
    07-21-08 11:36 PM
    Woot woooooot!! 96MB!!!

If I had a weenis, I would whip it out and measure it.
    07-21-08 11:37 PM

Lol the bolding helps me to see!
    07-21-08 11:38 PM
    yea wackberry..i never called anyone gay..or questioned anyones manhood...i simply feel like the pearl is more feminine of all the other bb's and if given the choice...i dnt know why a male would pick it over the other bb's. am i sayin ur gay if u buy a pearl? NO !Am i sayin it looks feminine? YES! Am i saying the pearl is a bad phone? NO! Am i saying i rather have anyother bb if given the option? YES!...... And your just in denial if u say that the pearl isnt the most feminine of all the bb's out or isnt feminine at all IN MY OPINION..jus keepin it real and wanted to see if others felt the same way.
    I agree that a Pearl is more feminine than a Curve or other BB's. I also agree that having a Pearl doesn't make a guy gay. I have a few VERY masculine guy friends with Black Pearls and I don't think they look feminine at all. It's like wearing pink shirts - the right man can rock a pink shirt all day every day and still look like a man. It's all about how you carry yourself.
    07-21-08 11:38 PM

and those sentences u bolded..yea thats how i feel...i never said anything about sexual orientations...thats just my opinion..
    07-21-08 11:39 PM
    Hehehe... Ohhhh man...

07-21-08 11:39 PM
    Hard for me to believe that the original poster has taken the time to consider such issues! The few men that I know who have Pearls chose so because of the larger keypad, making it easier for them to type. Of course now I'm no better the person as I've taken my time to responde to such a post!

07-21-08 11:41 PM
    Standing by, calipers at the ready.
    By the way I have a Curve.
    oh yeah wouldnt want anyone to think you had a pearl, glad you threw that in there for good measure... lol>>

the pearl is the exact same phone as the curve..
    i found this weird when i was shopping for a new phone, why make it bigger and not add new features? is it really just the keyboard and screen?

although i liked the WIFI features with GPS for the 8120 curve doesnt have both with att.. but they wouldnt let me get one with the backdoor deal i was running..

BTW a man with a pearl is like a guy driving a toyota CELICA it just aint right lol!!!

AND IF YOU A HAVE A !WHITE! PEARL!!! ROFLOMFGURSOGAY
    Last edited by acidbaby; 07-21-08 at 11:48 PM.
193 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD