YOU don't like a Pearl, YOU don't buy a Pearl--but we've already HAD this utterly ridiculous "conversation".......Everyone buys what they like, and since the money for what other men buy doesn't come out of YOUR pocket, don't sweat it.
    07-21-08 09:10 PM
    Hmm so as a woman am I masculine for having a Curve? Just reversing your reasoning... I don't quite see it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

nope..to me the curve is unisex along with the other bb's. but the pearl..is girly...to me..for one its called the pearl, two the design to me is more to accomadate women and its just too small...thats jus the basis of it to me..
    Last edited by stephensr; 07-21-08 at 09:14 PM. Reason: spelling
    07-21-08 09:12 PM
    I want to apologize for my wifes posts. She's crazy.
    07-21-08 09:17 PM
    I have to say...my boyfriend is on my account and I got him a PEARL...although he's a little "technically challenged", he likes it! I'm the one itching for a curve! : )

P.S. He is definately NOT Gay!!! lol
    Last edited by michele454rocket; 07-21-08 at 09:24 PM. Reason: P.S.
    07-21-08 09:22 PM
    The size of the pearl is the same as the popular nokia around 10 years ago. No one thought that phone was gay.

07-21-08 09:26 PM
    i have both a pearl and a curve with t-mobile and i use my pearl for corporate e-mail. the pearl is a great phone even for a dude. but if i had to stick to one id have to say curve. bright side to pearl is its cheap price tag even for the 8120!!
    The Pearl is not a girl phone or meant for girls. If it was meant for girls all you would see are purple white pink and other colors that are (steiotypically) girl colors. I had a pearl and was quite happy with it except for the alltel mms problem and the sales mistake giving me a curve for $40. I think you should look more at what is on the screen to make an assumption about it being a girly phone...not saying assumptions are good but if you are going to make one at least look at the cover of the book (if you know what i mean)
    Well we could lobby RIM to change it back to it's original codename, Blackberry Stealth, and see if that changes any opinions .
    07-21-08 09:31 PM
    A pearl is no different than a regular, non-clamshell phone. So I don't see how its 'gay'.

Now having a pink pearl or pink curve would be well.....kinda fruity.
    Agree with you on all points.

I wouldn't slam a guy on buying a Pearl because it's feminine. I'd slam him because he has bad judgement. Why would any power user pick a Pearl over a Curve and if you are not a power user, why would you need a BlackBerry in the first place.

I've yet to find a Pearl user who really maximizes the use of their BlackBerry.

Pearls are for posers. Curves are for serious players.
    07-21-08 09:35 PM
    Okay, to bring a little sanity to this:
    Male - Married - 17 years
    Own both a Pearl and a Curve. Both red.
    Use the both regularly. Curve for GPS and bigger screen
    Pearl has IMO the better keyboard, and I also have an
    extended battery. Handy when I am away from the office for
    long periods.

I guess I am secure enough with my **** to know that the
    phone I carry is up to me and makes no statement as to who
    I am or what I am about.
    Ladies and gentlemen... The Voice of Reason has spoken.

07-21-08 09:40 PM

I wouldn't slam a guy on buying a Pearl because it's feminine. I'd slam him because he has bad judgement. Why would any power user pick a Pearl over a Curve and if you are not a power user, why would you need a BlackBerry in the first place.

ilike this answer
    07-21-08 09:41 PM

What features does the curve have that the pearl doesn't besides the larger scren and qwerty keyboard. I can do the same things you can do. How am I not maximizing the use of my BB?

IMO this whole thread is taking this "crackberry" thing a little too far.

OH and pardon my judgement for choosing the pearl over the not yet released curve for Verizon when I bought it.

07-21-08 09:51 PM
    You should take a course in Philosophy 101 otherwise your stupidity wouldn't have taken you this far to say that Pearls are womanly devices

Just hypothetically speaking if the Blackberry Pearl was called the Blackberry Wonder or Blackberry Storm, would you then say it is acceptable for men to use this device? As for the size design, one mentioned that when nokias were the "must have phone" at the time, nobody said they were only for women even though its the actual size of a pearl blackberry.

I think you're wrong to assume pearl blackberries were designed for women hence your poor judgement and illogical statment.
    Last edited by thepreciousone; 07-21-08 at 09:59 PM.
    07-21-08 09:56 PM
    to see a guy
    And i picture a guy
    When I see a guy
    its like seeing a guy

Someone is spending far too much time checking out dudes
    07-21-08 09:59 PM
    Amazingly, stop it, bro! I do more laughing than anything when reading your posts!

07-21-08 10:02 PM
    lol Priceless

And as long as I am footing the price for what i buy, then I will choose what I
    buy
    07-21-08 10:05 PM
    I'm on my first bb, and I've always thought of the pearl as a more feminine phone. Under the hood sure its a blackberry, but there is just something wrong about seeing a guy with a pearl. I went curve myself, yes crimson, but the colour is nice...with rogers we had grey vs. red...no thanx to the grey. My mother, wife, and her friends all own pearls....I couldn't join the sisterhood...sorry, I love my curve
    Sorry folks...had to post this
    A Pearl of a PDA -- ***** Lesbian Gay Gadgets -- Gay.com
    07-21-08 10:06 PM
    I had a Pearl with Verizon until the Curve came out, I never thought of it as being feminine. I actually thought it was a pretty cool phone that was just a little too small for me. Sometimes I miss the Pearl for its size and the suretype, which i thought was pretty easy to use.
    07-21-08 10:29 PM
    lmao @ what this thread has turn into! Lol.
    07-21-08 10:31 PM
    I'm on my first bb, and I've always thought of the pearl as a more feminine phone. Under the hood sure its a blackberry, but there is just something wrong about seeing a guy with a pearl. I went curve myself, yes crimson, but the colour is nice...with rogers we had grey vs. red...no thanx to the grey. My mother, wife, and her friends all own pearls....I couldn't join the sisterhood...sorry, I love my curve
    Sorry folks...had to post this
    A Pearl of a PDA -- ***** Lesbian Gay Gadgets -- Gay.com
    Seriously just because there an article on a gay website about the Pearl, doesn't mean the Pearl is for women or Gay Men...they are very functional phones...and as previously said do about as much as the curve except in a smaller compact package. I don't think it somehow emasculates men to own a pearl. You know I'm a lesbian and I owned a pearl....omg the lesbian had a pearl men shouldn't own them...they might be gay... Stereotyping and gender bias... so dumb... no wonder I don't do men they are always feeling the need to be macho....now if you will excuse me I gotta go trim my mullet and iron my flannel....

lmao...
    07-21-08 10:32 PM
    Just to put into perspective...Products now are starting to become very curvey... I think everyone can agree that things which are curvey will sell a lot better than boxes and squares. Curves used to be for women because it was more "elligant". Sharp edges were for men because they were strong and sturdy. Now the PS3 is curvey..Xbox 360 is curvey, even my samsung lcd tv has curves (not the screen itself that would be illogical). The point I am trying to make here isn't that the Pearl is curvery or the curve is curvey but that the times are changing and previously though of "women" products are being sold to men. Times are changing and things are becoming a lot more unisex. To take things very litterally i could say that since the pearl is feminine because (somewhat) of the name, then if you have a PS3 it is feminine because the design is more feminine. Possibly that doesn't work but it might
    07-21-08 10:33 PM
    first of all Stephensr, how dare you, how dare you...........for stating the truth. Yes, the Curve is the better BB and your notion is correct
    07-21-08 10:38 PM
    first of all Stephensr, how dare you, how dare you...........for stating the truth. Yes, the Curve is the better BB and your notion is correct
    Man zato, im jus tryna be real and there are prolly a lot of other people that feel how i do, butthey just dnt wanna pu the energy into to conversation especially wit all these guys wit pearls bein offended an lashing out..im jus sayin how i feel man...
    07-21-08 10:53 PM
    A lot of people that are "lashing out" have curves and they are jut responding to a rather frank post by you which worded how it is will get some reaction...hope you arent surprised
    07-21-08 10:56 PM
    LOL I don't get it-I don't think anyone was questioning anyones manhood-yes I know the OP said gay, I think its more that someone feels its a girly looking phone. Like I said previously when I think of the pearl I automatically think of the pink one bc its what I wanted, I forget that it is available in other colors. I think the size of it may also be a factor.

Either way who cares? It is what it is period

07-21-08 10:58 PM
193 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD