Men with Blackberry pearls why????? I hope you guys out there dont get too offened by this but what are you thinking? I dont know what it is, but i cant stand to see a guy with a blackberry pearl. For me i figured that they were designed for women. And i picture a guy standing in front of a blackberry display with the 8700 there, the curve, the 8800's and the pearl and i cant understand how they would say..."Give me the pearl"....I just dont get it. When I see a guy with a pearl, its like seeing a guy with a man purse..lol..sorry..I love all blackberries and I love what they are able to do and what they allow me to do...but i really feel like the only people that should have bb pearls are women. I mean its called the pearl for Godsake, that has to on some level be targeted towards woman..and i kno bb's are for everyone but the pearl i think was made with the woman in mind..unless its your backup bb or an alternative of some kind..what were u thinking...and im not hating on the pearl cuz i like it as a phone simply cuz its a bb but i like it for woman to own. Is anybody else out there with me?? or am i trippin?
    07-21-08 08:09 PM
    Wow lol I used to have one but I guess I wised up and got a curve I don't think I was girly for having one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 08:12 PM
    I agree it would seem a little gay for a guy to have one, but to each their own. I've never once cared about what other thought, when it came to me, making my own decisions. My girl has a pearl. Its nice, but I just wanted a full QWERTY keypad, so I went for the curve.
    07-21-08 08:15 PM
    haha. although i've never owned a pearl, i love all blackberries.
    07-21-08 08:18 PM
    bwahhahahahahhah that is so damn funny... i had a pearl for about two days before i said forget it... hahahha
    07-21-08 08:21 PM
    You're just "trippin". Your argument doesn't make any sense. As for El Dude's comment, I haven't had any urges to go have sex with men so I would have to argue that it makes us gay.

07-21-08 08:27 PM
    OK I tried to see you point. And it's your opinion so that I can understand too, however I got a pearl cause of the price. At the time the Curve and other phone was way to expensive. So I went with what I could afford. I love the pearl and haven't thought about another phone since.
    07-21-08 08:28 PM
    In some instances people didn't have a choice. Verizon came out with the Pearl before the Curve. if someone wanted a newer Blackberry in this instance they had to go with the Pearl. With the exception of the full Qwerty keyboard (and size), the Pearl is identical to the Curve in functionality. By the way I have a Curve.
    07-21-08 08:30 PM
    I agree I had an 8703e with verizon and wanted a camera the curve wasn't out yet so I got the pearl....However when the curve was available I ditched the pearl. I'm so glad I did but at the time the pearl was my best option. Girlie phone it may be but it is still a berry
    07-21-08 08:31 PM
    LOL! This was funny! Some one a while back said that having a red Blackberry is gay, so two no no's for men according to them are:

1) having a red Blackberry
    2) having a Blackberry Pearl

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/men...n-curve-35052/

Truthfully speaking, I didn't understand the #1.

By the way, today I went into our University's President office while they were having a meeting, and guess what kind of phone he had? A red Blackberry Curve, along with everyone else in the meeting. Lol. I told him, he was awesome! Lol. But he knows me though since I used to work in his office (work study!)
    Last edited by nfl46; 07-21-08 at 08:35 PM.
    07-21-08 08:32 PM
    I gotta pearl so tweaked out my free file alone would shread every bit of dignity your curve has. If you even know what that is. Keep on drinkin that haterade and say what you will.

07-21-08 08:35 PM
    To me...I see how you could say "why do men get pearls" but to me its b/c I wanted the pink one-I forget that there are other colors to choose from. But I dont think its like carrying a man purse
    07-21-08 08:38 PM
    A pearl is no different than a regular, non-clamshell phone. So I don't see how its 'gay'.

Now having a pink pearl or pink curve would be well.....kinda fruity.
    07-21-08 08:42 PM
    I gotta pearl so tweaked out my free file alone would shread every bit of dignity your curve has. If you even know what that is. Keep on drinkin that haterade and say what you will.

LOL Post of the day
    07-21-08 08:42 PM
    Im not callin everyone with a pearl gay, i just feel like its for women..so dnt think im calling u guys gay..just seems a lil feminine to me..
    07-21-08 08:45 PM
    and about the "tweaked up free file that would tear my curve apart"...lol...how do you know? lol..i see your riding hard for your pearl..lol...prolly keep it safe in your pocket book..lol..im jus jokin..no offense though..lol..are u really that serious?
    07-21-08 08:49 PM
    Pearls aren't for me, but I see nothing wrong with guys having them.
    07-21-08 08:50 PM
    All I know is IF I did have a pearl, it would be so tweaked out my free file alone would shread every bit of dignity your curve has
    07-21-08 08:52 PM
    Well, I'm a woman and I think guys with a BB Pearl look gay also. LMAO. Every time I see a guy with one, I ask myself "WTF was he thinking when he bought that phone"??? IMO, it looks designed for a woman.
    I knew i wasnt the only one...like..how would u feel if u had a pearl and a woman walks up and pulls the 8800 world edition out on you or the curve...she prolly say..cute phone...lol
    07-21-08 08:53 PM
    Lmao!!!! At Redwings!! Funny Right!! Lol
    07-21-08 08:54 PM
    I think he need to take his "Tweaked out Berry" and go get a pink face plate to go along with the girly phone he has.
    LOL..i need to add u to my messenger...lol
    07-21-08 09:00 PM
    Okay, to bring a little sanity to this:
    Male - Married - 17 years
    Own both a Pearl and a Curve. Both red.
    Use the both regularly. Curve for GPS and bigger screen
    Pearl has IMO the better keyboard, and I also have an
    extended battery. Handy when I am away from the office for
    long periods.

I guess I am secure enough with my **** to know that the
    phone I carry is up to me and makes no statement as to who
    I am or what I am about.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-21-08 at 09:03 PM.
    07-21-08 09:00 PM
    Im not callin everyone with a pearl gay, i just feel like its for women..so dnt think im calling u guys gay..just seems a lil feminine to me..
    What is it that you feel makes it feminine? Is it the size? (no different that a lot of candy bar phones) Design? (looks like a thinner 8800) Name? (ok, maybe that one evokes images of femininity)
    07-21-08 09:04 PM
    Who cares! Its just like the first cellphone was a size of a brick. And anyone carrying one looked gay. I got the pearl Cause its easy to carry in my pockets. If that's gay well its better that a big man purse holster on your hip.

07-21-08 09:04 PM
    Hmm so as a woman am I masculine for having a Curve? Just reversing your reasoning... I don't quite see it!

07-21-08 09:07 PM
193 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD