I have a bb storm (the first one) and i noticd the memory available changes from anywhre of 26.5mb to right now 17.3 why does it vary so much? the only apps I have is bbm, facebook and my email, I cleared my internet cache, cookies etc. I also deleted all my emails and text messages.
    Last edited by kmar09; 07-18-10 at 07:29 PM.
    07-18-10 07:26 PM
    Leaving an app like FB open is most likely the cause. Is you leave apps open all the time, they will use memory until they are shut down.

Try closing FB and see if it makes a difference. Deleting e-mails and txt messages will help some, but in the big scheme of things, they don't take up much memory, so they don't make a HUGE difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 08:38 PM
    It's normal for your available memory to fluctuate, even by large amounts. The OS includes a memory recovery routine that kicks in periodically to recover memory no longer being used by apps that you've used and closed. That's why closing them is important. If they are properly behaving apps, when you close them, the OS can recover the memory they used.
    07-18-10 09:48 PM
    It's normal for your available memory to fluctuate, even by large amounts. The OS includes a memory recovery routine that kicks in periodically to recover memory no longer being used by apps that you've used and closed. That's why closing them is important. If they are properly behaving apps, when you close them, the OS can recover the memory they used.
    ok thanks! mine does vary alot going from 30.5mb to 7mb I deleted face book and that helped alot. Does having low memory make the phone bog down or something? I haven't really noticed it acting slow when its on low memory I was just curious because it asked me once to delete apps or close apps because the phone was low on memory I believe. But i haven't received that notice again after that first time.
    07-19-10 12:05 AM
    ok thanks! mine does vary alot going from 30.5mb to 7mb I deleted face book and that helped alot. Does having low memory make the phone bog down or something? I haven't really noticed it acting slow when its on low memory I was just curious because it asked me once to delete apps or close apps because the phone was low on memory I believe. But i haven't received that notice again after that first time.
    If the memory gets lower than around 12 MB, the device will start getting slow. You might notice the hourglass spinning with nothing happening. Also, if you have messages, the device will delete them on its own when memory is low in order to try to preserve memory.

If you have not already done so, I recommend the Memory Optimization Procedure.
    07-19-10 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD