Hey,

After a battery pull, I seem to only have 16MB of free memory. I don't have an excessive amount of apps installed (CB launcher, Viigo, Vlingo, Facebook, MySpace, Opera Mini) and I've uninstalled all of the apps I don't need (using DM). I haven't followed the directions for the most advanced memory optimization as found in the associated thread, but I have for basic and intermediate.

Is 16MB going to cause problems? Throughout the day, I notice it goes down to 10MB but rarely goes below that, as I keep programs closed when not in use. Reason I ask is because I always see that 20-21MB is the "safe zone" as explained in other threads.
    12-08-08 12:21 PM
    It's a little on the low side, but I wouldn't say dangerously low.
    12-08-08 02:18 PM
    I've always had problems with lower than 20mb memory. If my BB is lower than 20mb, it'll run slowly and the hourglass will pop up alot.
    12-08-08 02:36 PM
    You should have at least 12MB of File Free memory for your BB to operate at its full potential. I've never heard of a problem with having 20MB of FFM. Maybe something else?
    12-08-08 02:38 PM
    You should have at least 12MB of File Free memory for your BB to operate at its full potential. I've never heard of a problem with having 20MB of FFM. Maybe something else?
    There could be a difference in performance with different models too.
    12-08-08 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD